Best analog chorus for vibey/leslie

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TeleMarked, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

+1

p8t8r likes this.
  2. Diagoras

Diagoras Tele-Holic

Which ones are actual "mini" pedals in terms of their size? I only have space for a mini pedal on my board, and the MXR isn't small enough. I tried the Mooer Soul Shiver multi-modulation pedal, and while it sounded good, it was defective so I had to return it. Not really interested in trying another cheap pedal like that.

3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The TC Corona comes in a mini pedal version, but I separate chorus pedals from univibe pedals in my mind. For univibe i like the BBE Soul Vibe, but it's not a mini.

Diagoras likes this.
  4. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I have a Vibratone as well and they are unique if the Leslie is the sound you want...short of buying the preamp, cable, and a 122 or 147 from an organ.

I found that the Ibanez AC-9 (?- the purple one) with the Fromel mod kit gets me closest in a pedal...except you can't change from the slow to fast motor of a Vibratone.

I love my CE-2 black label when I want or need a chorus, but I specifically bought a used Ibanez and mod kit after hearing it. The kit increases the speed and swirly sound enough to pass for Petty or "Badge" and left me with a close, but better sounding chorus without messing up the value of my Boss.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.