Best 80’s Sticker Ever....

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Holic

I saw so many great bands play there in the 80s and 90s, including The Ramones, Robin Trower, Buddy Guy, Blondie, Jason and The Scorchers, Mojo Nixon, Foreigner, Georgia Satellites...it's a very long list. I may have even seen you there!

Regarding WHFS...if you miss The Weasel, he's currently doing a radio show on Saturdays in Baltimore on WTMD (Towson State University radio station) on Saturdays. WTMD is very close to WHFS in format, and they play music from all over the map. Tune in to Weasel's Wild Weekend on Saturdays. You won't be disappointed. They live stream on their Website.

kafka likes this.
  2. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

I still have a photo album full of these. They're all in pretty decent shape. Wonder how much I could get for them...

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Is Monroe still there?

Kidding. Just kidding. :^)

4. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic

I saw Foreigner at a great, long gone bar/music venue called the Purple Gator in Myrtle Beach in 1993. It was the height of grunge, so several years after that band’s commercial peak. But it was a great concert! The best concert I ever saw up until the past few years. The band was still pretty young and into it. The large audience was full of beautiful women who knew the words to all of the songs. Just a great night of music.

5. Macrogats

Macrogats Friend of Leo's

Yep, this one for me. I had the stickers and T-shirts.

6. electrichead

electrichead TDPRI Member

Dc101

the sticker has to be 40 years old...

20171123_081844_HDR.jpg

7. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Afflicted

Here’s some trivia hammer jacks is now parking lot h at the Baltimore ravens M&T Bank stadium

kafka likes this.
  8. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

This is a bit earlier..
    C690DF53-6579-4A85-8A1D-E0603A588C86.jpeg

uriah1 likes this.
  9. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

6841BFDD-89C0-41C6-98F5-06A4526A996B.jpeg There are all sorts of funny knock offs of this concept out and about now, but the
    “truck guys” use to give them to big spenders.

skunqesh likes this.
  10. Slap Axe

Slap Axe TDPRI Member

Man that is a serious blast from my past! I grew up just north of Houston and I haven't seen that sticker in years. Great station back in the day. Here's one that's more 90's than 80's, but I still like it.

1290f.jpg

studio1087 and rolandson like this.
  11. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity

I bought one of those bumper stickers that said, Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.
    One well-placed snip of the scissors had it saying Practice Random Senseless Acts.

Mr. Neutron likes this.
  12. RoarDog

RoarDog Tele-Meister

For the SoCal guys who remember those extra watts (91x) being cranked out south of the border. artworks-000298243680-fhinec-t500x500.jpg 91x.jpg klos5.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Whatizitman and dented like this.
  13. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, that was the event that ended the possiblity of resurecting it there for good. You'd see the Hammerjacks logo from up on the highway, and you knew you were home. It was actually the second Hammerjacks location, but IIRC, the original was just a biker bar. Tremendous vibe. It was as rock and roll as you could get. There have been a number of efforts to reopen it, and one that actually did. It looks like there's one now, but they said it would be open in 2019, and that won't happen, so who knows.

There was an empty warehouse next door where they had a rave every other weekend called the Orbit Party. It was called the Orbit Party because they would do one weekend in B'more, and then the next in DC. It was a great scene. Multiple rooms with different vibes and volume levels with big portable AC units to keep it cool. It was BYOB with refrigerators and a ticket system, so younger kids could come in earlier, and as the night went on they'd leave as the older group came in.

I'm down near DC now, and there are a lot of really great venues lately. Have you been to The Anthem in DC yet? Phenomenal space. I saw NIN there last year, and it was a fantastic show. Now we have The Fillmore, The Black Cat, U Street Music Hall, and of course there's still the 9:30 Club. I'll be going to Hamilton Live to see Dweezil this spring. Sounds like it's kind of like the Birchmere, or AMP by Strathmore. And the Howard Theater is also a nice hall. I hope something similar is happening in Baltimore, because I'll always love that city.

I remember when Howard Stern was on DC 101. But DC 101 was all about The Greaseman. He was entertaining, and was in many ways a decent, civic minded man, but went way over the line too many times.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Fretting out and KWal like this.
  14. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

Whatizitman and RoarDog like this.
  15. RoarDog

RoarDog Tele-Meister

Right on man I had the old school 91x stickers on my skateboards, guitars, fridge, and the stop sign at corner of my street hahaha in the early 90's.

16. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

A guy put together documentary about 101 and is trying to raise money for the music liscensing. It really sucked when they went off the air.

What about 97 Rock and Moby? It was good as well. I remeber Hannah Storm on 97 Rock longer before her ESPN days
    IMG_1010.JPG

bumnote likes this.
  17. toomuchfun

toomuchfun Tele-Afflicted

He opened up for and then played with Jackson Browne at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Still waiting for just the right place to stick it. Bought an autographed poster for $5 too, hangs in my man cave.

Lindley-el-rayo-x.jpg

joealso and KWal like this.
  18. KWal

KWal Tele-Meister

Whatever happened to The Bayou down on K Street? Man, the shows I saw in there! Kix, Blue Oyster Cult, King's X.....

19. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

The best thing I remember was a bumper sticker that said the following:

"Nuke the gay whales for Jesus"....still makes me chuckle at the offensiveness.

Mexitele Blues and Fretting out like this.
  20. skunqesh

skunqesh Tele-Holic

heck yeah!
    fwiw - bass case from the PNW 'grunge years'. Vintage Stickers are the only thing holding it together.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

edvard, ElJay370, stevemc and 3 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.