Benefit for Breast Cancer

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by wetland10, Mar 30, 2010.

1. wetland10

wetland10 Tele-Afflicted

I will start by saying that if this is out of bounds to post on here, please just remove it.

My band is hosting a benefit for breast cancer in New Jersey on April 24th. Two people close to us were diagnosed recently and are going through treatment. So, we wanted to help and with the coorperation of a very cool booker we are doing a benefit show. I posted a link to the flyer below for more details. It is in central New Jersey, I think three bands plus a comedian. We go on at 10 pm for a 50 minute set.

There is a $6 donation at the door, we will be selling our new CD for $10. ALL proceeds from the door and CD will be donated to teh Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Here is the flyer:

http://www.loneshark.net/posters/April24.jpg

There is also a Facebook event listing for more information:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=101110206595433

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. Saxguitar

Saxguitar Tele-Holic

Thats cool that you are doing this for a good cause. My 94 year old grandma has had breast cancer but she has beat it and then one of my cousins died from it. It is close to my heart, I hope you have a good turn-out and hopefully the two people close to you can beat it like my grandma has.

I think what your doing with giving all your proceeds to the Susan G. Komen foundation speaks alot about yuor character and the character of the band. Props to you.

3. wetland10

wetland10 Tele-Afflicted

Thank you, that means a lot. We always try to help raise awareness, money, whatever we can. This is a terrible disease that has no gender. A close male friend of mine is in the treatment process right now.

Wayne

4. wetland10

wetland10 Tele-Afflicted

If there is anyone in central NJ, this is coming up next Saturday if you are interested. Great cause. Right now there is an opening act, singer/songwriter Chris Marksbury, Tim Hayes (a comedian), and my band Lone Shark.

Wayne

5. TeleTim911

TeleTim911 Friend of Leo's

My wife and I have been doing a Relay For Life event for 7 years now. It's a big deal for us....especially since she's a 3-year breast cancer survivor now!

We're working very hard trying to get some bands to perform for this free event this year and it's near impossible. I could understand if you got a gig or something, but quite a few just flat refused saying, "We don't play for free", or whatever....yeah, well, you can guess what I told them next....had to do with body cavities and instruments....LOL.

Contacted about 10 performers in Nashville, 9 didn't even bother to reply and the 10th, a lesser known "star" said (or his management company did) that he'd do it, IF we provided a charter bus, hotel rooms, so much equipment and blah blah blah...I stopped figuring up costs at about $5,000! We're three hours from Nashville, what do you need a charter bus and hotel rooms for to do a 40 minute set?

I did a TON of benefit shows when I was a performer, and/or running sound. I just don't get it.

Bless you Wetland10, and hope you knock 'em out!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.