1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bender adjustment question

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by cacibi, Mar 19, 2004.

1. cacibi

cacibi Friend of Leo's

My Parsons/Green bender seems a little sensitive. Small shifts in the guitar position will sometimes activate it, for example the B goes slightly sharp when I reach for the tuning pegs. Is there any way to adjust the tension that's required to activate it? This may be a Newbie question, but I've never messed with the Bender except to take of the plate in order to lubricated the mechanism.

Thanks

2. JohnnyAtomic

JohnnyAtomic Tele-Afflicted

one thing that helps me is the way in which the guitar is positioned if the neck is level with the horizon the bender will sometimes accidentally kick. but, if you reposition where the neck has a slight upward angle (headstock higher than base of neck), it seems to accidentaly kick much less easily.
    i guess it is due to different geometry and physics?
    johnny atomic

3. bjammin

bjammin TDPRI Member

, You can remove the back plate(bender) and cut a couple rounds off the return spring ,keep shortening the sring until you have the tension you want

4. owb3

owb3 TDPRI Member

Bjammin is right. The problem you mention and all other P/G technical issues are addressed at:

http://www.stringbender.com/Bender/FBBtec.htm

What are you taking the back off to lubricate? The mechanism is permanently lubricated. Were you getting squeaks? What symptom made you want to lubricate it? Did it help?

5. cacibi

cacibi Friend of Leo's

Thanks

Thanks for the tips and I will check out the Stringbender page. I lubricate the mechanism out of habit more than anything else. I always use Triflow on my nut and saddles, and any other moving parts I can get at. Also, when they're new they seem to squeak a bit and this usually takes care of the problem.

6. cacibi

cacibi Friend of Leo's

Return spring loops

Why do the loops need to be cut off, can't you just bend them down and add them to the loop already on the return spring anchor. Then you'd be able to undo the adjustment if needed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.