Belle Epoch gain pot specs anyone?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by capohk, Aug 21, 2019.

1. capohk

capohk TDPRI Member

I'm researching a mod to my Catalinbread BE pedal. If you are familiar with this effect, you'll know it has an internal trimpot to set the gain of the EP3 style preamp. I often play different amps and as it is, one has to remove the back to change the preamp gain. There are a few references to modding the pedal for external pot, but I can't find schematic data on what the pot should be. I guess I could remove the trimpot and measure it, but I wondered if anyone knew.

FWIW, I am hoping to find a suitable pot to mount next to the input jack which has that slotted end, so it is nice and low profile, doesn't require a knob, just a pick to make the initial adjustment when setting up on a new amp/room.

2. capohk

capohk TDPRI Member

OK, I pulled the board out this morning and measured the pot. For the record, it is a Piher 10k trimmer pot. Some threads I read reported that it is an anticlockwise pot, however, I think that's because it is normally adjusted from the back via a thru-hole in the PCB. Anyway, there's plenty of room in the enclosure to mount a panel mount pot with a knob on the outside of the enclosure. I'm on the lookout for a suitable part. I'll post a pic here if I get round to it.

3. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There

Here ya go!
    round_tuit_202.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.