Believe a Squier Standard Tele in blonde is in my future.

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Muddslide, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Muddslide

Muddslide Friend of Leo's

I'm something of a minimalist when it comes to gear and possessions in general. Right now my only electric is a Strat "fakecaster) in a nice buttercream color.

But since 1977 I've always loved Teles and usually had at least one.

I've owned two Squier Standard Teles in blonde and thought both were great, even stock.

Both of them were older...not sure of the years. I thought it would be cool since the blonde pretty closely matches my Strat. Might even get a Player Series P-bass in buttercream. Complete the trio.

Can anyone speak to the current crop of the Squier Standards?

el cheapo and Fendereedo like this.
  2. scottser

scottser Tele-Afflicted

Standards are a good solid guitar. The body of the partscaster in my sig is an Indonesian standard. I can't speak for the new Squiers because the old stuff is so good I've never had to replace it. I also have VM and if a CV came my way id be very tempted. Don't limit yourself to just standards, Squier have a nice range.

DanDII likes this.
  3. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

The Squier standard is the underdog of the Squier range.. I love the overwound pickups and overall quality, BUT the blonde version looks a lot more "greenish" in reality.
    I have a (now no longer available) CAR, Black, Black & Chrome, and Antique Burst, and I was GASsing for a blonde one. Held one in my hands last week, and I'll wait until a real blonde comes around.

4. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Meister

I bought the Affinity Telecaster, and a small Vox amp from a dude on Craig's list for $100 bucks. It was surprising how well it played. I have a VM and a CV tele, I don't know about the "standard", but of all of the Squier tele's I've played, all have been nice. The weight and thickness of the body and neck are really the biggest tell tale difference. I left my CV stock because I'm happy with it. I have other expensive tele's too, but right now the CV is leaned against the amp.

DanDII and nicod98 like this.
  5. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

IMG_20190716_165752.jpg

"I left my CV stock because I'm happy with it. I have other expensive tele's too, but right now the CV is leaned against the amp."

+1

Except for an Electrosocket jack and brown/red/yellow tort the CV is bone stock.

I just can't bring myself to F/with it.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Fendereedo, VintageSG, ronzhd and 2 others like this.
  6. NothingGoatboat

NothingGoatboat Tele-Meister

Squiers are excellent value... Bought a bullet, and loved it. Plays great. I say go for it!

nicod98 likes this.
  7. blackspider57

blackspider57 Tele-Meister

2016 model,
    Rosewood fingerboard,
    simple, solid
    Great guitar!!!

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 9.47.04 PM.png

8. vanr

vanr Tele-Afflicted

Here's what mine looks like these days.
    [​IMG]

mimmo, Fendereedo and DanDII like this.
  9. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

I've always fancied getting one of these. They seem very well made and solidly built. I wonder if they will still be around after summer NAMM, or will it be the same Tele with a different name.

10. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Meister

11. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Meister

Sweet looking tele.

12. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

My CV50s in the correct colour ( Vintage Blonde ) has been heavily modified with a Tort 'guard and an Electrosocket too. That's it. That's all. Nothing more. The 'guard is for my aesthetic pleasure, the Electrosocket is because the stocker is a shocker. A very minor truss rod tweak, and a small shift to the saddles and pickup heights is all it's had.

As to the Squier Standard, fine looking, fine playing, fine sounding. The examples I tried were well made, and had it not been for the Classic Vibes, I'd own one.

13. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Glad to see you're back in a position to be able to get another Standard! I remember when you sold your last one, you were bummed but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Mine's not going anywhere because it's got the best neck ever!

[​IMG]

hemmings likes this.
  14. Mechanic

Mechanic Friend of Leo's

ADBC8D7B-7A20-4B16-A360-265953AA59BB.jpeg BF708F36-4B2B-422A-B322-6DA4B6875FE3.jpeg Both are Squier Stds, both play great. I like my CVC Squier as well. All have their differences but with any of them only the CVC has a nicer finish on the frets, but the Stds are no slouch to compare. They polished up nicely, no fret sprout. Pups on Stds May be a little hotter but the CVC holds its own. CVs have a somewhat thinner neck. But that’s the nature of the 60s beast.

Fendereedo likes this.
  15. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

My old Standard looked just like that antique burst, which is why I turned it blue! When I ordered it the picture online made it look way more orangey. Looked like a 3 color burst to me, which would have been cool. It wasn't.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  16. TelecasterSam

TelecasterSam Tele-Holic

I like the color options on the Squires. Too bad the American Standard Telecasters in blonde are few and far between. I like mine in sunburst but would like the exact guitar in the old blonde. Hard to find.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.