Being single at age 50 (almost)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Marcelo R, Dec 8, 2016.

1. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Having read every single reply I can only comment on what a great place this forum is for guitar and music related advice....

2. 5ofeight

5ofeight Tele-Holic

Not really, surely the term "man cave" is just a modern term for the "den, cellar, shed, garage" or whatever.. and anyway, isnt "she cave" a modern name for the kitchen?.. :lol:

3. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

That is the exact kind of thing that I feel like I'm missing out on, always having to do that kind off stuff when I'm off and she's working because she doesn't like the smell of solder, the sound of woodworking or the general appearance of it all :p.

4. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

I forgot to mention that I work with like 95% women which is another turnoff to getting into a relationship. Most of them are straight up wackos who love playing little head games & are totally two-faced to their supposed "friends" at work. I don't have any interest in partaking in those.

Oh yeah and my last girlfriend was a total psycho-clinger. So that may have something to do with my disinterest.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    knopflerfan likes this.
  5. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I married my first wife at 24. It didn't work at all. We got divorced in 2 years, no kids, clean split. I didn't get married again until 46. Been with this one 20 years now. It has it's ups and downs, but it generally works. She has grown up kids from her first marriage, I have none. If I outlive her, I probably won't get married again. Pretty simple, eh?

6. cdwillis

cdwillis Tele-Meister

Whatever you have to tell yourself. I kid, I kid. :D

I'm in my thirties and haven't been married yet, but I lived with one of my girlfriends for close to three years before we split. We both decorated all the rooms in our house and kept it tidy. Maybe it's an age thing. I do know that my bachelor living space is a lot messier than when I had a partner though. It's not a pig sty, but I certainly I don't have to worry about putting on airs for company.

tery likes this.
  7. gtrjunior

gtrjunior Tele-Holic

The rest of the house isn't her playground....it's just the house. The kitchen, bathroom, living room. I choose to look at it like this: she has given me my own space to do with as I see fit. She had sacrificed the entire basement (a finished one at that) so I can have a music playground. I'm absolutely positively sure that if it weren't sacrificed to me there are plenty of other uses for that space she'd rather be using it for.
    I'm grateful that she sees how important music is to me and let's me have free reign of the basement for a personal AND band rehearsal space and a recording space. And it's not like I'm quiet down there. She puts up with a 100W amp played loud....

P Thought likes this.
  8. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Yeah like other things that makes irritating noises like the washing machine and drier ;) But yeah thats the way I see it, the house is the house and it's shared space that you both need to be comfortable in, I'd be grateful for a man cave.

SlappyDuck and gtrjunior like this.
  9. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

I met and married my first, [and only], wife in 1972,... a year later she found some girl friends, who liberized her. She called it being liberated. No... it was 'liberization'. I liberated her less than a year later, when I dumped her. She married twice more and both of her new husbands liberated her again. After leaving her, I had quite a few girlfriends.., [women were attracted to me because I played guitar in bands], but liberization had taken the country by storm. I got cussed out a lot, for things like opening doors for them, etc. I still find almost all women to be nut cases, wackos, morons, what have you. I got my first dog, when I was 42 years old and have never looked back. No women, no pain, no pains in the ass. Today I wouldn't trade my dog for any woman. The chances against finding happiness with one is still close to zero. So many women today, wear nose rings, cheek rings, tongue rings, huge taboos, black finger nails, or just have sex changes.. So weird for a guy who grew up, when the world was basically normal.

knopflerfan and tery like this.
  10. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, over fifty and single here.
    The good news is l've always liked older women.
    The bad news is they tend to lose interest in men a bit.
    Guess I'll have to consider being one of those old geezers that chase young women.
    My current one preffered the company of said same,
    And that cuts like a knife.

11. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

If you want to start dating, I recommend no more than 2 or at most 3 dates with any one woman. More than that and they start taking it seriously, and you don't want that.

tery and Marcelo R like this.
  12. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I got married for the first time at 62, my wife also never married before and just a little younger. Quite a change but the best thing I have ever done.

william tele, Marcelo R and tery like this.
  13. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

I like your style Rod :cool:

Rod Parsons likes this.
  14. hazcat

hazcat Tele-Meister

I'm over 50. I've been married, I've lived with several women and I'm currently single because I've found that, sure, it can be lonely being single -- but it's better than the lonely you feel when you're with the wrong person.

Maybe I'll meet the right person, but I'm not looking and I'm in no hurry.

william tele and Marcelo R like this.
  15. ebb soul

The worst part is it makes you feel like a big 'L' is on yer forehead.
    Curiously, all those that are married at my age are jealous of me.
    I never even got to have kids, my X of 16 yrs was barren.

16. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

time starts to compress as you age

life's short, go have an adventure

if your wife joins you, all the better

Ezee and jimash like this.
  17. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

:D :D :D

18. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

Thanks! :D

19. ebb soul

I don't think the girlfriend would understand that move.

20. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

ha, I mean travel

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.