Being at home and too nervous to do anything useful...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by cometazzi, Apr 5, 2020.

1. cometazzi

cometazzi Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

... I might as well just buy a month's subscription to World of Warcraft. I really enjoyed the return of Classic last fall, and maybe that would be a good escape right now.

I've Minecrafted about all I can with Vanilla Minecraft.

I've played all the chords I know on the guitar.

I've got a list of electronics projects to work on, but I don't want to solder anything because I've got a weird cough that won't seem to go away. After two weeks, I don't think it's "The Big Cheese", and it could all be in my head, but here it is. Rock me like a hurricane.

I should find or invent some project to do in Java so I can continue to learn, but I can't seem to concentrate. All my creativity is sapped due to ruminations and worry.

I go for walks almost daily and I enjoy them, but so does everyone else. It's surprisingly hard to avoid people. I think we're all at home and going stir crazy. We all wave and try to avoid each other, but I think the thing we all need right now is a hug.

I've always had a hard time sitting still and watching TV, or movies or episodes. Though, I've really been feeling like I want to watch The Guild again, which leads to my next point.

Earlier this year (November, December, etc) I was noting how I've kinda become a hermit over the last several years. I stay at home, I hang out on IRC and a couple of forums and (other than work) that's the extent of my social interaction. Those have their benefits, but to quote an online friend of mine, I'm "quite socially starved". I made a pact with myself that in 2020 I would go out and be more social. I would put myself in potentially uncomfortable situations with other people and I would get over it, and I would meet people face to face and over time I would make new friends. If I did this long enough, I'd have all these cool people to hang out with and talk about neat stuff with and it'd be so rad.

Maybe next year, I guess. Meanwhile, I've sure been doing a lot of pacing.

Sorry, just a rant.

Fretting out likes this.
  2. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Start with something simple. Have an ice cream. Share it...online with someone you know. Many of us have the same things to deal with. I am running out to AMPM right now for ice cream.

3. boop

boop Tele-Meister

Pacing is good, keeps the blood moving. Don't be too consumed by the news, there ain't a hell of a lot to do. IRC usage is up for me as well. If you are able, some places need volunteers to deliver meals or make calls to people who have trouble getting out.

4. bcorig

bcorig Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Got it. Rant on. It’s why we’re here.

5. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

It says you're in WI. The weather's been great and will be again in a few days. Get outside! Walk, hike, bike! That should help you feel good.

Best wishes!

6. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have a prediction: everything little thing's gonna be alright.

three little birds told me so.

7. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

I played some guitar today, but it truly is hard to focus. We are all there with you bud.

skunqesh and Obsessed like this.
  8. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Playing guitar or piano always works for me ... listening to music ...bottle of wine. ..

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I have two good, close friends. Both quite developed musicians and both currently single. One lives four states away, the other 40 miles away. Neither are interested in playing music right now. I think this is quite normal under the current circumstances. I call them or they call me every other day. They both love my wife too, so that adds another person they get to talk to. I think it is important to contact others. All three of us are getting calls from people we have not heard from for years and even decades. We are humans and along with that comes emotions spanning from fear to loneliness. This era will pass. Think of how time flies. This period of time will be part of our memories in not too far off into the future. Call an old friend, relative or acquaintance. They will be happy just to talk to someone too.

Stringbanger and robertgmartin like this.
  10. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Holic

Download Skype and talk to people. It's kind of cool... Well, it's better than talking to myself.

11. Hey_you

Hey_you Tele-Meister

I hear ya. Returned to Everquest F2P. Seem to be pacing here too.Cabin Fever. I read people are being ticketed/fined for being outside. No id what to do.Would love to go for a drive. Weathers nice out today. Fingers hurt from playing so much.

12. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I've been a hermit for the last 20 years. Not really intentional, it was just that I work 60 hour weeks and had no time to do anything else. I never get bored though, I am an avid and voracious consumer of hobbies. I normally jump into something and get fully immersed it in for 6 months before moving onto something else. It might be restoring Coleman lanterns, building bird houses, or even building an all wood kayak (did that one a few years ago). There is always something that interests me. I am currently working on building the powerplant for a steam powered launch that I can take out on the river in the future.

Just find something that interests you and go for it.

13. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I cranked my amp and tried a few guitars for about an hour.... then went out and mowed some of the yard...

whew... I don't know what came over me?...:confused::D

enjoying a nice cup of tea now....:cool:

SPUDCASTER likes this.
  14. Paulie_Boy

Paulie_Boy Tele-Holic

I don't have any friends and I don't want any. Too much drama. Moreover, I don't feel like keeping people company when I'm in the mood to do what I want to do. All I want and need is my family. The internet is perfect for hit & run interaction. I hate people showing-up unannounced, asking to borrow money and yammering about their problems. This virus isolation is nothing new to me. I love it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.