Behringer Wing

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by Alamo, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

After a row of teasers on youTube and elsewhere, Behringer finally let the cat out what the "Wing" actually is.
    based on the X32 platform this is a 48 channel, 24 stereo busses and 24 Faders Digital Console.
    lots of bells and whistles.
    price is at 3000 €uros.

this will be interesting for a long, long while :cool:

2. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Most clubs I've been to lately have digital mixers. I don't really see the advantages in that, other than maybe saving different volume, eq and effect presets tailored to specific bands, but it can complicate things a lot.

Zepfan likes this.
  3. Alamo

It saves a lot more than you've listed.
    lots of real estate, tons of outboard gear, tons of cables.
    it's faster to set up, switch between recording and mixing and weighs a lot less than the old school stuff.

it's like a Kemper instead of an original Fender Twin Reverb - one just needs to be willing to get ones neck around that learning curve. ;)

beyer160 likes this.
  4. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

My church went the cheaper route getting a couple of Behringer sound boards instead of the great value Mackie boards we had that lasted years. Those Behringer boards suffered burn outs on the PCB's in 6 months and 9 months. So much for saving money.

I also had a Behringer amp and guitar Amp had a burnout on the PCB - total loss. The guitar was decent after changing all the hardware, eletronics and pickups. First time I ever had a S type tremolo fall apart on the guitar.

I'll never buy another anything with that name on it and I advise you buy something else.

5. radiocaster

The clubs I've seen them in have them in permanent places, well until they renovate or the mixer breaks.

6. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

I've never had a Behringer mixer last more than a year. I finally stopped purchasing them.

But their cheap patch bays haven't failed me after several years.

7. radiocaster

Actually I have 3 Behringer mixers, I think they range from 60-100 Euros new. Had them for years. Two of them are fine, the third sounds good but has some problems with the stereo image of the stereo channels.

8. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

Digital consoles also offer TONS of processing- I nearly wept with joy when we got our first Yamaha LS9 and I had a compressor on EVERY CHANNEL!!!!!!!!

Alamo likes this.
  9. Alamo

You all seem to speak of the analog mixers series "Eurodesk" or "Xenyx" right?
    well that's comparing apples to oranges. ^^

Behringer has upped their reputation in the digital audio domain a whole lot.
    they've been game changers ever since the x-air series came out. other companies followed suite but have a hard time to compete with B's target prices.
    sure you can get better digital desks but you'll have to double or triple the price ...or even more, when it comes to versatality.

studio likes this.
  10. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

I have the XR-18 as the center of my studio, an X-Touch and X-Touch Extender for mixing, and a pair of Turbosounds for PA. I've been nothing but impressed with Behringer's acquisitions and offerings in recent years. Just saw the Wing earlier today, looks like another great piece of kit.

studio and Alamo like this.
  11. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

For myself it was a SS PCB style amp and a POS guitar, but for the Church's Boards, they were Digital if I'm not mistaken.
    I hope they have improved for your sake.

12. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

You would think they could have named it something else.

[​IMG]

Chud likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.