1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Behringer Super Fuzz is on the way...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by E5RSY, Aug 23, 2019.

1. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

I had actually kinda forgotten about it. Wife ordered it for my birthday back in April. It has finally shipped from Sweetwater. Apparently, the JHS Pedals video that came out that same month where he tells everyone they "must" get one, and they're less than $25, had a significant impact on demand. :eek:

2. Faceman

Faceman Tele-Meister

Love that video! What a shocker. I will be ordering some soon. Hopefully before Behringer doesn't catch on and raise the prices $20! lol

E5RSY likes this.
  3. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Happy NPD...eventually.

E5RSY likes this.
  4. wildschwein

wildschwein Tele-Afflicted

Behringer super fuzz future prices ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chunkocaster and Skydog1010 like this.
  5. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Slightly south and east of where I wannabe
    Saw a Reverb unit today a huge thing that sounded incredible, was red in color, now to find it. Not a hi-jack, just my old mind jumping around. Sorry.

Since my neo is sidelined at present, kinda caught my eye.

6. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

What's so great about the super fuzz other than the price?
    Is it supposed to be a clone of the Boss hyper fuzz?

I bought a new mini fuzz pedal for $10 bucks delivered. Cant remember the name and haven't got around to plugging into it yet. I just had to buy it due to the price. I think it's based on a big muff. Has 3 knobs.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    radiocaster likes this.
  7. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Slightly south and east of where I wannabe
    They make nice stuff. Used to have one of their noise gates, someone relieved me of it, or I just plain lost it.

8. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

i have one an d for the money i can't complain it does exactly what it is supposed to do

9. wildschwein

wildschwein Tele-Afflicted

Oh yeah I have used the VP-1 Vintage Phaser since 2008 -- still going strong. Their stuff gets the job done.

Skydog1010 likes this.
  10. E5RSY

Right, which itself is a direct copy of the old classic Univox Super Fuzz. Pretty good deal for $24.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  11. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Behringer Super Fuzz is awesome.
    Guys that put their noses in the air at Behringer don't have a clue

Love what they've been doing with the TC Electronic line

12. Chunkocaster

So they are supposed to be clones of the boss hyper fuzz? I only guessed that because they look similar. Ive been on the lookout for a hyper fuzz for about a year but don't want to spend the current prices they are listed at.

13. Chunkocaster

Behringer were pretty crappy years ago. Plastic pedal enclosures that would break and limited offerings that didn't sound that great. I think many just don't realise they have evolved and makes some decent pedals and gear now.

GuitarKid likes this.
  14. GuitarKid

GuitarKid Tele-Holic

Never tried their pedals but I had a Behringer mixer in which most knobs, buttons and inputs didn't work after two gigs.

Frontier9 and Chunkocaster like this.
  15. E5RSY

Go to the 20:25 mark:

Buzzgrowl, Chunkocaster and umasstele like this.
  16. Chunkocaster

Good tip there. I'll have to try one. For octave up fuzz I have a Visual Sound Angry Fuzz pedal that's also great. You can dial the octave in to taste with the fuzz on that one.

17. The_Doctor [EV]

The_Doctor [EV] Tele-Meister

That thing has become an essential part of my sound for the last year or so. Not only for the fuzz, which is great and all, but also because of the boost function. I've never really worked with a pure boost pedal prior to this, but the VERY powerful tone stack is a wonderful thing to have. Like it more than the LPB-1, like it more than the Xotic EP Boost, and I'm probably going to buy a second one purely to keep in the back of my amp for when I don't want to lug my pedalboard around.

The fuzz is plenty good too, to be fair, especially that scooped out second mode which sits comfortably in the background in a multi-guitar live situation. My heart will always belong to the MXR Sub Machine for octave fuzz purposes, but the Superfuzz is a great flavor all its own.

Only flaw is, as it turns out, the weak jacks. I can't use it as the end-of-chain volume boost on my board entirely because my cable will too easily pop out of the jack when trod upon, which would certainly not be the case if it were built to Boss quality. Thus, it now sits on the middle of my board, with another pedal serving as the end-of-chain volume boost, but I still use the boost function to kick the front end of my RAT.

Basically, it's worth the price purely for the boost function. The fact it has a great fuzz built in too? Maybe the best-value-for-the-money pedal you can own right now.

18. cyclopean

cyclopean Poster Extraordinaire

it's easily one of my favorite pedals, and the original is skyrocketing in price because of electric wizard. if these are back in stock i should get one as a backup.

it's an enormous part of my guitar sound.

19. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

Behringer made a copy of the (discontinued) Boss Slow Gear, which had become very expensive. Then Behringer discontinued theirs, and that became expensive. Now there are a bunch of knockoffs out there, including the TC (Behringer) Crescendo.

I'm kind of wondering why the Super Fuzz circuit hasn't found its way into one of those lower-end TC pedals yet.

20. E5RSY

I was wondering that, too. There are two of them (Honey Pot Fuzz and Rusty Fuzz). Do neither of these have the Super Fuzz circuit?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.