Behringer SF300 Vs. Boutique Super Fuzz Clones

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Radspin, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

I recently scored a Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz. It went up for sale on Sweetwater and seemingly sold out in a flash. I have to say, this is one heck of a fuzz, especially for around $26 shipped!

I'm still very curious about some of the clones, especially since the unobtanium Wattson has appeared on Reverb, as well a Black Cat and the Reuss Goo Goo Fuzz, which I find particularly intriguing since it appears that the maker went to great pains to get the exact parts as the original Univox et al.

I'm sure the insides of the Behringer are the antithesis of vintage-correct, but it gets a great sound, maybe so great that "upgrading" to a boutique clone would be pointless. (I know the Behringer is a knockoff of the Boss Hyper Fuzz, itself a knockoff of the Univox, but prices of the Hyper Fuzz are hyper-inflated!)

So...has anyone compared the Behringer to the others? If so, what do you think?

davguitar likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.