1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Behringer Gx-210 mod ideas?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by TheBadHombre, May 15, 2020.

1. TheBadHombre

TheBadHombre TDPRI Member

I apologize for my noob-ish understanding of how amps work but here goes...

So I have a Gx-210 ultratwin with two Jensen JCH 10/35s in it. It's solid state. it has a nice clean sound that I like, and I run my amps clean anyway so no problem. However, it sounds kinda stale and plastic-y being solid state and all; so my question is this:

If this was your only amp, and you had to make is sound as good as possible with only 50 bucks, what would you change?

PS. I run a nice modeler floor unit, so if it comes down to it, I'd like to be able to bypass the amp entirely and use it as a cab. based on what you can see in these pictures, would I need to add a jack to do that, or can I do it as is? Again sorry for the amateur hour happening up in here ;) Thanks!!!!

Here's some pics of it from a reverb listing since I don't have it with me to take more upclose pics of:

bnwqmhjglsdktnfyku7u (1).jpg
    cphid2qsxlmf79lptszl (1).jpg

https://reverb.com/item/20917333-behringer-gx210

2. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

You should be able to run the pedal as a cab. Straight in to the amp.

You can buy me a present with the 50. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

If the amp has fx send and receive you should be run send-effects unit-return and use one or more amp models.

zosofan likes this.
  4. hunkydory

hunkydory NEW MEMBER!

Would be great to have your feedback on this, I have the same amp and I'm also looking to make it sound nicer. Let me know how it works out for you.
    I heard the Harley Benton American True Tone pedal is great for around 30$

5. hunkydory

hunkydory NEW MEMBER!

what do you mean by running the pedal as a cabinet?

6. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

Ssentislly plugging it into a speaker not an amp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hunkydory likes this.
  7. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

What would I change on it?, nothing. The Jensen speakers it comes with are fine speakers. The power amp stage is a good unit. Use your floor modeller as the pre-amp and the Behringer as the power amp. If your modeller has stereo outputs, you're set. You need to get the signal from your modeller to the slave inputs on the rear. Two normal guitar signal cables will do the job. If it's a mono modeller, a 'Y' cable or splitter is needed.

You can't just connect a signal pedal to the speakers. They need an amplifier, and the Behringer provides that. What's the modeller by the way?

Using the slave inputs bypasses the pre-amp entirely. If your modeller doesn't feature a level control, you may want to use the mono out on the modeller to insert return ( normally referred to as FX return, but not in this case )

I've attached the manual which explains it a bit better.

Attached Files:

hunkydory likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.