Beginner from Ontario Hello

HD-Diva-67

NEW MEMBER!
Hi All
Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm from Ontario Canada. I'm still a rookie when it comes playing the guitar. I started playing a little over a year ago on my own. Then started taking lessons about 6 months ago. I will definitely vouch for the fact that once you start playing gutar you automatically become a collector. Lol I started with an acoustic Oscar Schimdt, Upgraded to a Fender Kingman electric acoustic (which I love). Then got an inexpensive Epiphone Les Paul for my 1st electric guitar (which will be upgraded some day) and I acquired a Denver Acoustic for a Christmas gift (it sounds good but don't like the look of it). Not a bad collection for someone who really doesn't know how to play. Lol
Anyway, I have decided that my next toy will be a Squire Telecaster. I would like something of decent quality, I can grow into and enjoy for a few years. Any recommendations? I love the look of the new 40th anniversary gold & black.
I plan on heading to the toy store tomorrow to check them out to see what feels comfortable and sounds good. Wish me luck.
Keep on strumming.

Legba-1967

TDPRI Member
Welcome from the great state of South Carolina! I can second the notion of the Classic Vibe series being great guitars. They are not just good for the price they are excellent guitars period! I just traded a CV 50s Strat in on my new Nashville Tele and I hated to see it go. I plan on getting one of the white blonde Telecasters myself here soon. I love the fact that they are made with pine as being from SC I’m more than familiar with these trees. As a matter of fact I had to help move one out of the road that had fallen this evening so we could get by.

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico. People from America do strange things, like driving on an out of the way route, just so we could get on the 401, the busiest freeway in North America. Memorable!

BramptonRob1958

Tele-Holic
Welcome aboard!

Brampton Ontario here.

You can't go wrong with a Classic Vibe.....Well made, great value and will allow you to grow and have fun along the way....

One of the best lessons I learned (sadly not early enough) is to get a proper "Set Up" on your guitar purchase (collection lol).

In the beginning, we struggle with what seems like everything....and it's also easy to ignore a guitar that we bought on impulse or to give up on it all together especially if it's more difficult to play than the rest of the heard.

You'll see a lot of posts (including mine) extolling the virtue of a new addition and yes including pics. That NGD post is followed by another NGD post with little or no reference to the former except that they didn't "Bond" with it and ended up selling it or trading it.

A good setup just ensures your best chance to start on a level playing field. Allowing the guitar to be played without any additional effort.

Good Luck

runfatboy5k

TDPRI Member
Hi, welcome from the UK, i used to live in Burlington from '78-80, then my parents moved back here, i was 15 when we returned but would have chosen to stay out there if i could have. My son has a Classic Vibe tele and he loves it, good choice.