Been wanting to wire up my telecaster but need some help?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by the_sample_inc, Dec 16, 2020.

1. the_sample_inc

the_sample_inc TDPRI Member

I want to have reverse wiring to have the volume closer to the play area and have some new components don't know how to configure(4 way selector and push/pull pot). The guitar a single coil metal cover neck pickup and seymour duncan hotrail humbucker in the bridge.

Desired setup.

4 way switch

Position 1 = bridge

Position 2 = bridge and neck in parallel

Position 3 = bridge and neck out of phase

Position 4 = neck

Push Pull

Split the coil of the bridge pickup.

I have been able to find some diagrams online that are close to what I am looking for closest I have found has all the right functions but the neck is the humbucker and the bridge is a single.
    [​IMG]

Can I use this as a reference for my setup or will I need to wire it up in a completely different way. I have removed the wires of the diagram below to show how mines is going to look without wires connected up. Was going to fill it in how I think its done using the top diagram as a guide but want a second opinion before I start anything. I have already added a third wire to the metal cover neck pickup for ground as I am sure that is part of the process.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  2. Telecentric

Telecentric Tele-Holic

AFAIKT, the switch shouldn't know or care if PU is SC or HB as long as the HB is 2 wire +gnd, not 4 wire. I could be wrong. Wire it up and see what happens.

3. the_sample_inc

The HB I have has 5 wires also just realized the top diagram is third position both PU in series and not out of phase. going to have to look into how to wire a pickup out of phase as well it seems.

4. Telecentric

Telecentric Tele-Holic

You might want to take a look in here...http://www.deaf-eddie.net/drawings/drawings.html

5. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Holic

I would maybe recommend regular 4way with series and 2 push pulls. One for coil split and one for out of phase. Gives lots of options. I think it would be pretty sweet. Just my opinion. Good modding! Keep on pickin!!!

6. the_sample_inc

Thanks I am sure that will come in handy.

7. the_sample_inc

yeah I am definitely considering this going to be a while before I can purchase a new part so will maybe install this after.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.