Been sick…

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I don’t spend as much time on TDPRI as I used to. But for the last couple of weeks, I’ve been completely absent, because my wife and I have been sick.

Our illness has indeed been that which cannot be named. I’m not sure if this discussion will even be allowed, but I guess I’ll know soon enough. I’m not going to bring up aspects that are controversial or have been politicized. I’m just hoping it’s possible to find out from others how long the fatigue lasts.

My wife got it first and tested positive. I got sick about 4 days later. My case wasn’t that bad, in fact I didn’t bother testing. Her case was worse than mine, but even in her case, it wasn’t bad enough to do anything more than a TeleMed or FaceTime or whatever it’s called visit with our doctor.

I’ve been fever free for the past couple of days, but I still have a bit of congestion. Mainly, though, I just feel wiped out. I get 8 hours of sleep at night, but still have no energy, and have to take a couple of naps during the day. Yes, I am an old guy, will turn 69 years old in less than 2 months. I figure my age has a lot to do with this fatigue factor hanging on. I’m just wondering, How much longer?

As some may know, I volunteer on Thursdays and Sundays at a local seniors community. Obviously, I haven’t been doing that since we got sick. I also have a paying gig on Friday the 30th, and I really want to be able to do that gig.

Anybody else been through this?
please take extreme care of yourself we really like having you here , heres to a speedy and healthy recovery, best of positive wishes comming at you !

GreatDaneRock

Tele-Afflicted
I don’t spend as much time on TDPRI as I used to. But for the last couple of weeks, I’ve been completely absent, because my wife and I have been sick.

Our illness has indeed been that which cannot be named. I’m not sure if this discussion will even be allowed, but I guess I’ll know soon enough. I’m not going to bring up aspects that are controversial or have been politicized. I’m just hoping it’s possible to find out from others how long the fatigue lasts.

My wife got it first and tested positive. I got sick about 4 days later. My case wasn’t that bad, in fact I didn’t bother testing. Her case was worse than mine, but even in her case, it wasn’t bad enough to do anything more than a TeleMed or FaceTime or whatever it’s called visit with our doctor.

I’ve been fever free for the past couple of days, but I still have a bit of congestion. Mainly, though, I just feel wiped out. I get 8 hours of sleep at night, but still have no energy, and have to take a couple of naps during the day. Yes, I am an old guy, will turn 69 years old in less than 2 months. I figure my age has a lot to do with this fatigue factor hanging on. I’m just wondering, How much longer?

As some may know, I volunteer on Thursdays and Sundays at a local seniors community. Obviously, I haven’t been doing that since we got sick. I also have a paying gig on Friday the 30th, and I really want to be able to do that gig.

Hey buddy, hope you and missus start feeling better in no time I was wondering what happened to you since I haven't seen you post in a while.

Wishing you both a speedy recovery.

GDR

suthol

Friend of Leo's
Our 42 yr old son got the O variant earlier this year and although he tested technically over it he still had major lethargy for months.

He's a pretty big unit at 6'4 and 275 lbs in your money and pretty fit as a maintenance worker on wind turbines, until he got the bug he was climbing the internal ladder rather than using the lift, not sure if he's back on the ladders again yet.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I was sick with brain fog and fatigue for 11 months. My wife and I did not get chest problems, and she was an asthmatic her whole life. She did, however, have a 110f fever. When it was gone we thanked our stars that everything was ok.

But that temperature causes damage to organs. Her heart, lungs, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, SKIN and brain suffered damage. This caused a slow motion total failure of all her organs and she passed 21 months after the fever.

Very sorry for your loss man.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Take the best care of yourselves. I’ve been lucky, but friends haven’t, and the ones that took recuperation seriously are the ones that did the best. You know we’re all rootin’ for ya.

(Note: Autocorrect tried to make that “rotting for ya.” :p)

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
No one in my immediate family has got it yet, which, based on the this thread at least, sounds near miraculous. It's just a matter of time. But then again, my kids and wife are uber-vigilant about these things. I'm less so but fairly anti-social. Truly hoping for speedy recovery for OP and all.

Of course, I've heard about "brain fog" but would be curious to hear some first-hand experience/examples from TDPRI members like @Mike Eskimo, @Old Plank, and @RetiredUnit1, if you'd be inclined to share. If not, I completely get it.

Last edited:

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Hope y'all get better soon, Larry.

I've managed to dodge the bullet so far, Mrs. 3T as well.

Early on, my Father-in-law, then in his 90's, died from it. That event informed my opinion of a number of things, none of which will be discussed here.

Otherwise, a number of nephews and in-laws contracted the "un-nameable" plague and have had varying responses. Recently, my son, his wife and two children all went through it. My son and the 2 grandsons had a day or two of a head cold. My daughter-in-law had a rougher time and still feels some effects after almost a month.

Hope you will be able to more fully enjoy all those beautiful Logan T-styles soon, amigo!

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
Glad to see you're feeling better. My wife and I both got it a couple days after we got the 2nd booster. It was like the worst cold we'd had in decades. And guess what? It's time for another booster, plus our flu shots. Whoopee!

viking

Friend of Leo's
2 out of my 3 3 kids had it , lasted less than a week. Neither the missus or myself had it , took all the 3 shots we could so far , 4th is coming up now...
At work , most have slight issues after a few days , you are actually allowed to go back to work after 4 days , off course only if there are minor discomfort.

Bellacaster

Tele-Afflicted
No one in my immediate family has got it yet, which, based on the this thread at least, sounds near miraculous. It's just a matter of time. But then again, my kids and wife are uber-vigilant about these things. I'm less so but fairly anti-social. Truly hoping for speedy recovery for OP and all.

Of course, I've heard about "brain fog" but would be curious to hear some first-hand experience/examples from TDPRI members like @Mike Eskimo, @Old Plank, and @RetiredUnit1, if you'd be inclined to share. If not, I completely get it.
My whole family got it this past New Year's. No one was seriously sick. We were all V'd. My daughter had cold like symptoms for a day. My wife was the only one with a temp, but it was barely over the threshold to be symptomatic. I didn't have a temp or any lung issues, but I did have brain fog. For me, that's what set it apart from any other illness I've ever had. For about three days after first noticing symptoms, every morning my head felt heavy and I found it difficult to concentrate on anything. It was odd and noticeable. I rested a lot over those days and it would generally lift by mid-day. Stuff just wasn't computing.

Greg70

Tele-Holic
My Dad was hospitalized for 3 weeks with it last fall. He's still not 100%, but he's also in his mid 80s. I just had it a few months ago. As soon as I started feeling bad I took a home test kit and it was positive. I immediately got a prescription for Paxlovid and felt fine after a couple of days of nonstop sleeping.

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member

/me blinks...

really now

millions of us have...
Cases
96.1M
+101K

Deaths
1.05M
+1,312