1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Been in a rut (video inside)

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by telekaster1999, Nov 30, 2012.

1. telekaster1999

telekaster1999 Tele-Meister

Check out my guitar plunkin & give me all the criticism you got. Ive been in this rut for years. Its a terrible recording from a tablet. Even gets off track with the audio towards the end.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. Badabing

Badabing Friend of Leo's

There are others much better than I on this forum but I thought you sounded GOOD!

3. Lawson

Lawson Tele-Holic

Great use of the fretboard. Obvious note misses some places, but probably nothing you don't hear yourself. Being "stuck in a rut" is good for technique, I think. Maybe a little one sided in terms of scales, this? Either get into some new scales, or just go on picking melodies and chords of of songs/instrumentals you like, cause that will most of the time challenge you to open up a little more.. yeah? Feels like I'm talking to myself here, and maybe I am. I feel you, as I've been somewhat stuck for very long myself.

4. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You got some melodic lines, nice bends. I know your feelings , but you sound good Man!

5. telekaster1999

telekaster1999 Tele-Meister

Thanks for the replies, ive been trying to work on more stuff but seem to go back to the same ole lines.

6. joeattelecaster

joeattelecaster NEW MEMBER!

Nice

The main thing is , do you like what you hear?

7. tonedreamer

tonedreamer Tele-Holic

One thing that really helped me lately is learning chords.. chord structures, passive structures, chord patterns, jazz chords, the more chords you know, the better.

just my 2 cents

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.