been gone a while... Bats Brew here

gonzo

TDPRI Member
hello all!

i'm in the middle of my first TELE build, a partscaster, with some interesting pieces...
and thought i'd start a thread about it, just for anyone who might be interested.

i'll post recordings done with it after it's finished (it will be a slow build, so in the meantime, i'll post some strat recordings instead!)

anyway, hello!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Welcome back man! Looking forward to your build! Good luck on it! My first, and only, T type is a 51 Nocaster. She was my first build and is my #1 love, 4 years later! Don't tell my 54 Strat I built afterwards though... she gets really jealous and takes it out on me by making me play like crap, just for spite ;) LOL!!! :lol::oops: Truth is, I love her too... I guess I'm sort of in a love triangle of my own making :cool::rolleyes:

gonzo

TDPRI Member
hey Telekarster!
i've looked at the nocaster builds,
maybe mine is going to be a variation of that.

the first different thing about this build,
which is kinda cool and scary at the same time,
is the body wood is Catalpa.

catalpa-tele-body.webp

with a humbucker neck slot, i'm trying to decide if i want to put a P-90 in instead, or a very low inductance humbucker.

just getting started. a luthier friend is going to do the finish for me. (thin nitro)

this body weighs 3.5 lbs.

gonzo

TDPRI Member
thanks guys....

i've got the body, finishing wont start for another week or so..
looking at neck options, bridges, pickups, controls..
it's going to be a bit odd, compared to typical builds, nothing fancy, it's meant to be a working guitar, with my particular wants, not vintage, but not that far off either.

when i get some good stuff to post, i'll start a 'build' post in the appropriate sub forum.
plus, i've got questions about a few things, since it's my first tele build.
i've done a handful of strats, and commissioned some custom builds along the way, but i need a tele.
need.
LOL

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome back from Albuquerque New Mexico. The wood grain looks good to stain, to show off the character of the catalpa wood. I don't think I would paint the body. Good luck with your build

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
hey Telekarster!
i've looked at the nocaster builds,
maybe mine is going to be a variation of that.

the first different thing about this build,
which is kinda cool and scary at the same time,
is the body wood is Catalpa.

catalpa-tele-body.webp

with a humbucker neck slot, i'm trying to decide if i want to put a P-90 in instead, or a very low inductance humbucker.

just getting started. a luthier friend is going to do the finish for me. (thin nitro)

this body weighs 3.5 lbs.

Bootstrap makes a P90 that fits a humbucker rout. I have one in the neck of one of my partscasters and it's great. And @ $30 or $60 for the set of 2, trying them is affordable.