Been doing some catching up after wrist injury, and long hot summer.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
So here's the deal, I hurt my wrist on the last cool day of summer so badly I couldn't even finish the round. Then the hot weather hit, and it had been 9 weeks since I hit a real golf ball. Wednesday last, my wife and I played golf, and I made it around fairly well. My wife played quite well.

Prior to our playing golf my wife had been pestering me to get another dog, mainly I think because for around thirty years we always had two dogs. Supposedly though, it's because Alex (our dog) gets lonely when we are out playing golf. Enter my golfing buddy from Lancaster, he hooked me up with a guy who is going to be traveling, and can't keep a dog anymore, so we met up with him halfway between B-Town and Lancaster and proceeded to adopt Dewey. (His name has been Moon Doggie, then Dufus, now Dewey,) my wife decided he could just get used to a new name. I know I'm letting myself in for disappointment adopting an old dog, but heck he needs a home, and maybe I can make up for past deeds by giving him one.

He like Alex is 100% house broke, we've had him over two weeks, not one problem, still working on him using a dogie door, he'll go through it, but I have to tell him to. He came in three times on his own the other day and has gone out on his own a couple of times, so he's getting there.

Here they are, they get along famously.

Alex is the red dog, Dewey is the older dog.

1663454302367.jpeg

1663454469292.jpeg

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
How's his typing?
Not as good as Toto's but him knowing the secret handshake of the Yorkies helped him get a ride home. The camera made him look older than he is, the lady who cut his hair obviously didn't know how to give a Yorkie haircut, she made him look like a chihuahua with big ears. He'll be fine in a month or two.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My son came over and picked me up this morning, and I took a heavier driver over and hit it for a while to see if the wrist is going to hold up. We had met up with another of our golfing buddies and hit some balls and had a putting contest (which I lost).

Four of us are going to play at my favorite country club on Monday. I haven't played there in several years, I didn't know if I ever would get the opportunity again, but my son got us some kind of deal there. Monday is usually maintenance day, but for some reason, they're letting 120 golfers play on some kind of promotion. Looking forward to a great day!

Toadtele

Friend of Leo's
That’s great! My lady has been floating the idea of getting a friend for Daphne. A bit more aggressively as of late.
8EBFB948-606C-49AE-AB53-13B81B2F8551.jpeg

She doesn’t look lonely. And my lady very rarely leaves the homestead.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
That’s great! My lady has been floating the idea of getting a friend for Daphne. A bit more aggressively as of late. View attachment 1029946
She doesn’t look lonely. And my lady very rarely leaves the homestead.
My wife thinks up things, I try to make 'em happen. We've been riding the trail together fifty seven years, must be a good formula.