Been A Good Day......

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
About to shovel the driveway. Yesterday I took a muscle relaxant after shovelling and that left me too groggy for anything other than semi-coherent posting here.

EDIT: shovelling was not too bad. The only drug I'm in need of is coffee 🥰☕

Last edited:

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
Same as every morning. Up at 0530. Drink 16 ounces of water. Turn on all lights in studio/office/exercise room. Row 3000 meters in 15 minutes while listening to the blues. Start coffee. Take a two-minute ice cold shower. Take Henry out. Pour coffee. Turn on amp, pick a guitar, put on headphones and do hand warm-ups. Practice for 2 hours (or a bit more). Spend thirty minutes with Mrs. Woods. Do some work. I thrive on my habits, they keep me grounded.

If I am reasonably successful in getting all of this done before 0930, I have a great day. If I'm not, it's hit or miss. I underestimated the power of positive habits most of my life but I now realize that they are the keys for health and happiness (for me anyway).

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I voted early a week ago. Tacos sound good. It’s Tuesday after all. My daughter was one of the thousands of college kids from here who’s absentee ballots were dismissed (no politics please) and the local TV news interv d her and the only comment they showed was “this sucks” so we all had a good laugh.
Just returned from my eye exam with giant black hole pupils. UPS driver right behind me with a new guitar. Couldn’t be better!

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Up at 6:00, let the dogs out, discovered the PB drawing hadn’t happened yet), trimmed my beard, voted, made my bank deposit, had a lovely pastrami on rye with Swiss, and came home. Beyond fighting millions of mosquitoes it’s a very nice day

blue metalflake

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Up at 7:00, breakfast with my wife before she headed off to start her shift (nurse), shower, little bit of working from home, went for a walk, brushed up some leaves, lunch, visited elderly neighbour, thought about playing guitar but didn’t, cooked evening meal, wife arrived home, meal, now thinking about TV.
Day so far …….

Flyboy

Tele-Afflicted
**** day; paypal nightmare that took two hours to sort out, then booked a flight to Ireland Friday-Monday, only to find out that my work needs me in on Monday morning early doors. Can't change flight until tomorrow as Ryanair site down for maintenance.:(

Dennyf

Tele-Afflicted
Voted a week ago. Today I had my two mugs of coffee with a heaping teaspoonful of cacao, plain Greek yogurt with blueberries and granola, then adjusted the valves on my Suzuki DR650 in preparation for a 300 mile ride to spend a few days with friends near Lake Monticello VA.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Went to bed about 4am this morning.

Got up again about noon. Took a shower, clean clothes. Cooked up a batch of seafood pasta primavera, which I split with my daughter. Then I went and voted.

Now I’m watching some TV and playing guitar. I’ll drive my older daughter to work in a little bit. Maybe take a nap. Make dinner later. It’s a night off so I’m hoping it’s mostly uneventful.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
OK......so I woke up early-ish (6:00AM)......had coffee and a sweet roll.....went swimming at the YMCA.....VOTED......had tacos for lunch.
Anyone?????? ;)
Seems like a few replies missed the "underlying" topic of importance. (swimming, of course ;) )
Thanks for "participating".......I believe it's important! :)

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Got up around 4 saw the eclipse

0.jpg

took a walk around noonish
unnamed.png

in between (and since) been messing around with the new cab bari
0.jpg

Last edited:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Forgot to mention.....working on some new material for the "solo" effort.
In particular, Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin.....Died In Your Arms Tonight by Cutting Crew.....and Words by Missing Persons.