Been a few weeks, 5 year fiance left me.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Lord_Ingipz, Feb 11, 2020.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Aside from losing the bad romantic entanglements with poorly chosen partners, most of what you LOST was decided by lawyers and the courts. I suspect the lawyers and judges were mostly men, so you can't blame women for that part!

2. sardinista

sardinista Tele-Meister

Don’t suck.

bender66 and RiverDog like this.
  3. guitarsophist

guitarsophist Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Along those lines, there is this:

But my ex-wife only took my Pioneer Stereo Receiver and my Epi 100's, which she gave back to me when the woofers were blown.

Divorce is no fun. But since then I have been happily married for years.

4. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

Will do, Have it recorded on my YT page but haven't made it public.

GGardner likes this.
  5. Rufus

Rufus Tele-Afflicted

If you have ever been subject to the American legal system concerning divorce, the courts are EXTREMELY partial to women.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  6. Rufus

Rufus Tele-Afflicted

By assuming the OP was at solely at fault, despite your smug and superior attitude, you have revealed yourself to be just as judgmental and biased as everyone you were criticizing.
    Did you not get enough trophies as a child? :D

7. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

There's a few songs I've written already and the song I wrote for her was one I was working on for a while but didn't like my phrasing so just kept working on it.

8. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

It's a bit like The Man in Black and It Ain't Me Babe.

Old Plank likes this.
  9. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

Hello all, had a busy day. Suited up, hit the city and hung out with old friends. Thank you for the support and all the wise words of wisdom. You fellas are a hoot!

Old Plank and telemnemonics like this.
  10. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Holic

That is not correct. She took em all. Later claimed that they all belonged to her. They all just disappeared.

telemnemonics likes this.
  11. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I can't say I follow. It's a rate. Divorces per 1000 marriages for both stats.

12. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

[​IMG]

RoyBGood likes this.
  13. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Has there been any comment on "5 year" fiancée? (*) Maybe she got tired of waiting.

* It's from the French, comrades, so she is the fiancée and you are the fiancé.

trev333, RoyBGood and telemnemonics like this.
  14. telemnemonics

Oh yeah absolutely!
    My point was that the courts are primarily men that are in charge of women getting the house, so it's faulty logic to blame women when their lawyer man and the court men decide they get the house etc.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  15. telemnemonics

Well the first part of my point was that they wrote that stats show divorce id down, except in those over 55 for whom divorce is up.
    So the truth of the whole set of stats is that divorce is not down as much as they tried to make it look, by using a partial group in which divorce was down, while not including the group in which divorce is up.

And the second part of my point was that back when divorce among the young was higher, so was marriage among the young.
    So while now there is the limited truth that fewer young people are getting divorced than in the '70s, the rest of that truth is that fewer young people are getting married, likely because they lived through their own and their friends families divorces and maybe presumed that marriage is the #1 cause of divorce.

Overall I'm not sure what a lower marriage rate and lower divorce rate among the recently marries says about the OP who just lost his long term relationship. Had it been the '70s he might have dived right in as was typical at that time and this thread would be about his divorce.

Can we presume that a five year engagement suggests he or she were not really committed to getting married?
    So this is an example of how difficult it is to stay in a long term relationship.

And fewer marriages combined with fewere divorces supports the fact that relationships are hard.
    Not sure why anyone thought it was a news story to publish that if you eliminate all the boomers from the population, suddenly the stats show divorce is down!
    Was that to make us all think romance got easy?
    Or maybe to dissuade college bound kids from going to law school because suddenly all the divorce lawyers are out of work and looking for different legal positions?
    I mean is that true?
    Divorce lawyers are going broke because divorce isn't a big thing any more?

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  16. telemnemonics

Ahhh, so this is about thieves not wives!

I had an uncle like that.
    When my father died I went to the funeral and afterward asked his girlfriend what he had for guns, being that there was no will but I was the sole heir.
    She said that his sisters husband came in and took them all, claiming that I didn't want them.

Damned thieves!
    He had nice guns too, some I'd shot with him and some he got from my Mothers Father as wedding gift.
    One was a very good Luger that I really lusted after.
    Since the woman he had been living with hadn't tried to stop the relative(s) who arrived early from taking the guns, there was really nothing I could do about those family thieves and their thieving ways. The surviving GF/ "widow" whom he'd been with for 20 years clearly felt awful about having been robbed while grieving.

17. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

meanwhile...

18. telemnemonics

Yeah we've probably all been there and back again and lived to sing about it...

Maybe 18 years ago my common law wife/ GF of 12 years informed me that she wanted to break up.
    (common law laws would probably have applied had one of us decided to go to court over our belongings)
    After some discussion and a few days of great distress, I concluded that it was probably for the best, but then there was the fact that we lived together and neither wanted to give up the apartment.

So we fixed a second bedroom and lived together for maybe five years, each dating other people!
    (a few times I was told by a romantic interest to call her when I got rid of the ex in the apartment!)
    We sometimes had dinner all together, me the ex and whichever new gf I had.
    She even tried to fix me up with her (younger) cousin, and eventually moved out when I started dating the woman who is now my wife.
    In addition to moving out so that the new GF could move in, my ex told me I'd better ask this one to marry me!
    When I did ask though it was a random spontaneous act of IDK faith and love, didn't even have a ring.
    We shopped some flea markets, and bought a little antique diamond ring and got on with wedding plans with a bunch of parents that almost ruined our romance. Survived it though.

Engagements that fail are probably a good thing I'd say, and there is plenty of life to come!
    Good that you hit the city!

19. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

If you ever been mistreated you know what I'm talkin' 'bout..

Lord_Ingipz likes this.
  20. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The overall divorce rate stat includes the older group.

Then they broke it down by age brackets.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.