Bedroom Players? what Amp or fx unit do you use?

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
One Amp to Rule Them All: Roland Blues Cube Stage.
In my office, it's 2 feet from my head and I run it on the 0.5 Watt setting.
Practice or gig, dial it up and get the same exact sound only louder.
When it's running 60 Watts full blast, you don't want to stand too close or it'll move your dental work around.
Best of all, I snagged a pristine used one on Reverb for under $500.
I'm meeting with a guy today who is looking for a guitar player - if things click and he has a rehearsal space, I might pick up another one to leave there so I don't have to haul it back and forth.
Or get the 30-Watt "Hot" version for home use and take the bigger one to rehearsals and gigs.
Either way, it sounds great and actually has nice OD and reverb.
And it's solid state, so no finnicky tube issues.
What else do you want?
Oh yeah - has a line out and also an earphone jack.
1660648433190.png

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
Mustang Micro when I'm in the living room and family is about. In my back music/listening room, I play through my Mojotone Studio One using a Tech 21 RK5 and Radial Tonebone Classic pedals when I need to keep the volume down. The Mojotone is a 1 watt tube amp.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
For home play (apartment now), it's mostly acoustic- I always have one out, 3' away from my 'comfy chair!'

But for electrics I got a fantastic Roland Micro Cube 2 years ago specifically for use here.
It has very good amp models ( and can get OD/distorted sounds at whisper-quiet volume), effects, tuner, line out, can run on batteries and plenty of volume.

Attachments

• 20201018_211935.jpg
    20201018_211935.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210910_150443.jpg
    20210910_150443.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 17

archtop_fjk

Tele-Afflicted
I just use my Blues Cube Artist in the 0.5W mode along with my Lab Series Preamp pedal. The amp gives me a clean tone + reverb while the Lab Series pedal provides the overdrive, EQ, and compression.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5167.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5167.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 13

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Currently I don't have anything in the house smaller than a 30 watt tube amp. If I want a high gain tone I keep the amp volume way down and use one of multiple gain pedals ranging from overdrive to dumble type drive, fuzz, muff type drive and distortion. I've even got one pedal that's an overdrive and muff type in one package so with one pedal you can get the gain tones of David Gilmour. None sound as good as my Cornford Hellcat's or Mesa Boogie Mark V:35's available amp gain but they come close enough to practice with. Come to think of it the Mesa does have a lower wattage selector for 20 or 10 watts but I never use it because there are so many knobs, switches, sliders and other controls on the Mark V:35, (and many have to be adjusted when switching output wattage to get the same amp tone), that I just leave it at full output all the time. Once I find the exact amp tone I want I don't like to adjust anything. I have an amp controls setup for humbuckers and another setup for Fender type single coils. The front of the amp only gets touched when I'm switching from one pickup type to the other. I do keep a small Yamaha 10 watt solid state amp in my office at work to maybe fill in down time on evening or midnight shifts when I've brought an electric guitar with me. I don't really like it's tone but no tube amp fits in my locker so .....

fleezinator

Tele-Holic
Mostly it's line into Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 > Ableton Live > Helix Native thru headphones or monitors. I've also got a Helix LT into a Boss Katana if I wanna cause a real ruckus

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I'm very happy with the Fender Mustang LT25 as a practice modeler amp. I use that one with headphones or direct into my iPad. And a Vox Pathfinder 15r for other home playing needs.

xland

Tele-Holic
Hey I have that same guitar. How do you like yours? I love mine except I dislike the push-pull functions and I'm thinking of ripping them out.
I love my Classic. However, I did change the pickups to Classic 57/Classic 57+ and it sounds great, I could not warm up to the 61R & 61T. I don't use the push-pull functions much at all but I don't plan to remove them either.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I love my Classic. However, I did change the pickups to Classic 57/Classic 57+ and it sounds great, I could not warm up to the 61R & 61T. I don't use the push-pull functions much at all but I don't plan to remove them either.
Thanks. Actually I swapped the neck pickup to a Duncan Jazz, which is much more clear than the 61. I do like the 61 bridge however. Anyway, cheers.