Beato Signature Les Paul Special

superjam144

Tele-Afflicted
Anyone see this thing yet? Really cool.

Gibson-Rick-Beato-LP-Special-Signature-.jpg

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I've always wanted a double cutaway Les Paul. A pal has one loaded with humbuckers that he has had since the 90s. I tried to buy it a few months back, but he didn't bite.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Why they didn't use a wrap-tail bridge on it is beyond me.

That simple design is a huge part of why those older Juniors sound the way they do.

... it's beyond me why Rick Beato didn't ask you how he should have his guitar. :lol:

It's probably going to have stacked P100's in it too, so I don't think the sound of those older juniors is what he's going for. ;)

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
Because it’s based on this. His most played guitar

Those faded ones from the early 00s are awesome. Really resonant and had real P90s, not P100s like the single cuts around this time (he’s wrong when he says they’re P100s in the video). Really sweet sounding, and feel great with the faded nitro.

I remember being blown away by one in a store around when they came out. No idea why I never got one through the years. I’m sure they’ll go up in price now.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
... it's beyond me why Rick Beato didn't ask you how he should have his guitar. :lol: It's probably going to have stacked P100's in it too, so I don't think the sound of those older juniors is what he's going for. ;)

I KNOW, riiiiiiight? He coudda called me and asked ;)

I'm a huge fan of Gibson's P90s and have a few guitars (Juniors and a Les Paul goldtop) with 'em in there. I also have a ES135 from 2000 with P100s in it, and I actually like 'em for what they're designed to do. Why they get panned by many is puzzling to me; they aren't trying to fool anyone they're P90s...

Gibson-ES135-Peegoo.jpg

superjam144

Tele-Afflicted
DC's like that are fine for me when playing standing up. But I don't get on well with the body shape and the balance of the design when playing seated.

Who is Beato ?

Beato is a jazz guitar instructor turned producer turned YouTuber. He's a music theory wizard and analyzes tunes.

This guitar is so neat. Blue rules.

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
I have been waiting for specs and price since he put that picture up in April.

So far, nada. Have even called Gibson.

Got tired of waiting and ordered one of these today (not my pic):

sp-special-original-2019-p90-hd-158118.jpg
That beato one is cool, but damn, I like this one better . This place has gone crazy with juniors and specials lately - damn- I’m crazy about em too