Beatles Get Back DVD/Blu Ray Release Foul Ups

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

My gosh! Could they have fouled up these releases any more than they did?! Nope! Exactly what the greedy Beatles get for opting for disney to distribute.

First release date was like Feb 8 and on the shelf for less than 1 day before some mysterious issue was noted. Those lucky enough to get a copy said no problems with their copies.

THEN Amazon had the DVD for a couple days around April 1. I was able to snag a DVD copy. Comes in a single case with no insert at all. 3 discs stacked atop each other begging for scratches. Now "currently unavailable".

Blu Ray still not available. Beatles USA store taking preorders and "estimated" release/ship date is always "tomorrow" no matter when you look... Blu ray is a "deluxe" edition with the only addition 4 "collectible" photo and perhaps a proper disc storage system...

Yesterday I checked the Beatles USA Store yesterday and release/ship date was April 12. I checked this morning and now it's July 12th! For both DVD and Blu Ray

I find it really hard to accept how these two mega giants in entertainment industry have screwed the pooch so badly with a simple dvd/blu ray release. It's like they are trying to squeeze pennies out of every effort and failing to notice they are losing real money buy p'ing off fans! I have a feeling an ultra deluxe in the wings to attempt to sucker fans to buy yet another version....Probably has an extra 30 seconds of footage and 5 collectible photos!

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
¡Bueno!™

My gosh! Could they have fouled up these releases any more than they did?! Nope! Exactly what the greedy Beatles get for opting for disney to distribute.

First release date was like Feb 8 and on the shelf for less than 1 day before some mysterious issue was noted. Those lucky enough to get a copy said no problems with their copies.

THEN Amazon had the DVD for a couple days around April 1. I was able to snag a DVD copy. Comes in a single case with no insert at all. 3 discs stacked atop each other begging for scratches. Now "currently unavailable".

Blu Ray still not available. Beatles USA store taking preorders and "estimated" release/ship date is always "tomorrow" no matter when you look... Blu ray is a "deluxe" edition with the only addition 4 "collectible" photo and perhaps a proper disc storage system...

Yesterday I checked the Beatles USA Store yesterday and release/ship date was April 12. I checked this morning and now it's July 12th! For both DVD and Blu Ray

I find it really hard to accept how these two mega giants in entertainment industry have screwed the pooch so badly with a simple dvd/blu ray release. It's like they are trying to squeeze pennies out of every effort and failing to notice they are losing real money buy p'ing off fans! I have a feeling an ultra deluxe in the wings to attempt to sucker fans to buy yet another version....Probably has an extra 30 seconds of footage and 5 collectible photos!
I'm holding out until they bundle the original cut of the Let It Be film into the set. I would love to see that in Blu-Ray, rather than the DVD-R dupe I made of the dark, fuzzy VHS tape I purchased around 1983.

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
¡Bueno!™

Maybe they weren't supposed to release it - and the Beatles families stepped in.

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
I really hope the disc holds high res audio information on them and not just the typical standard resolutions of today.

Not a big fan of anyone producing industry standard quality in a high resolution world. My views were different 20 years ago.

Sony really needs to bring back SACD, or a variant of that.

Rant officially over.

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
... I have a feeling an ultra deluxe in the wings to attempt to sucker fans to buy yet another version....Probably has an extra 30 seconds of footage and 5 collectible photos!
Even better, it will have three more DVDs with all 15 hours of Yoko's "singing" that they cut from the original streaming version. :eek::lol:

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I really hope the disc holds high res audio information on them and not just the typical standard resolutions of today.

Not a big fan of anyone producing industry standard quality in a high resolution world. My views were different 20 years ago.

Sony really needs to bring back SACD, or a variant of that.

Rant officially over.

Blu-Ray:
English Dolby Atmos
English Stereo PCM
English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital

DVD
English 5.1 Dolby Digital
English 2.0 Dolby Digital

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
Blu-Ray:
English Dolby Atmos
English Stereo PCM

DVD
English 5.1 Dolby Digital
English 2.0 Dolby Digital
48khz/24bit?

I have a couple Blu-ray players that spit out the higher res from the HDMI.

192khz/24 is the lowest I'm willing to go these days.

I love the way 192/32bit floating sounds.

Its a bit getting used to but
DSD recordings are fantastic sounding too!