Beat Spring Reverb from a cheap Chinese pedal?

PurpleStrat

Tele-Meister
Looking for something that sounds better then my Zoom Multistomps spring reverbs. Other good sounds are a huge plus but I mainly use spring. What pedals have you guys tried that were good or bad at it?

Mad Kiwi

Friend of Leo's
I use an L6 Helix mostly but am slowly building a mini pedal board for when I want to fiddle with real knobs :)

I'm relatively happy with my Behringer DR600 which I think is a clone of the Boss RV-5.

I wouldn't say it's especially great but it is certainly okay and cheap.

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
I submit the Behringer RV600 for this exercise. It's a clone of the Line6 Verbzilla, and sadly out of print but you can still get these on Ebay and Reverb for double digits last time I checked. This thing sounds really good to my tin ears and it even has a shimmer -verb("Space" on the pedal).

preview_1.jpg

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Not cheap, but made in China. The Danelectro Spring King. It's a spring reverb. It's a curate's egg of a pedal. Real springs!. It does the splash, the crash, the drip, the earthquake, and it can be subtle too. Who wants subtle when there's a spring tank to annoy :)

The Mosky Spring Reverb. Not real springs, but other than drip/splash/crash, which require a spring tank, it's a reasonable facsimile of a subtly used spring. It gives a better spring than my Digitech Digiverb, which is awesome in so many ways, but not spring emulation.

fidopunk

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Not cheap, but made in China. The Danelectro Spring King. It's a spring reverb. It's a curate's egg of a pedal. Real springs!. It does the splash, the crash, the drip, the earthquake, and it can be subtle too. Who wants subtle when there's a spring tank to annoy :)

This. I bought two of them and modified one to have feedback and delay time options. An excellent pedal.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The Danelectro Spring King. It's a spring reverb. It's a curate's egg of a pedal. Real springs!. It does the splash, the crash, the drip, the earthquake, and it can be subtle too. Who wants subtle when there's a spring tank to annoy :)

The Spring King is fun and versatile. I like mine, even though it has its own zip code;).

PurpleStrat

Tele-Meister
I’m definitely looking at the Spring King but it’s pretty big!

Also I have tried the Ammoon Pocetverb and one of the Ocean Reverb minis and neither were better then the Zoom.

Anyone use the spring on the Donner Reverb Square? I really like my Donner Echo Square.

Dukex

Tele-Afflicted
I haven't played these, but the Biyang TriVerb and Caline Old School sound great in the demos I've heard.

Digital Larry

Friend of Leo's
Anyone use the spring on the Donner Reverb Square? I really like my Donner Echo Square.
I just picked up a Donner Reverb Square as I needed a mini "utility" reverb. As with a lot of low budget spring emulations, this is more like a multitap delay but zero drip. I don't care enough to send it back. Out of the 8 settings I think that 4 of them are indistinguishable and it could have been boiled down to fewer. Compared to an FV-1 reverb that I'm messing with, the sounds are not as smooth in the decay - they're all a bit "lumpy". However, dialed down to just give a hint of ambience, it's OK.

I'm diving back in to doing a lot of FV-1 programming as my latest technical creative endeavor, and having to include reverb in everything was becoming a hassle. So I can move the reverb out and concentrate more on delays and mods and weird as **** glitchy things that my mind conjures. I think I will save 1 slot on the FV-1 for a "cathedral/canyon" type reverb sound when needed.

Platefire

Friend of Leo's
I've been using an old BOSS RV3 for years. I like the fact that it has separate delay and Delay/Reverb combined setting plus separate just Reverb Settings. Currently using the Plate Reverb into my Silvertone 1482 and it makes that old vintage amp sound nice. The RV3 is running about $115.00 neighborhood but I just checked and saw one on ebay for $85.00. Don.t know if that's cheap as you were looking for??

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Looking for something that sounds better then my Zoom Multistomps spring reverbs. Other good sounds are a huge plus but I mainly use spring. What pedals have you guys tried that were good or bad at it?
Right here the Biyang Tri-Reverb:

-3 types of Reverb ( spring is great!)

-Two 'depth' modes for each Reverb
- easy to use
- still takes a battery, if you just wanna grab it for a jam w/o board
- under $50 @ CheaperPedals.com

Attachments

• 20211118_151637.jpg
    20211118_151637.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 5

jackal

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Not like a real spring, but the Tone City Tiny Spring sounds very good for cheap.