1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Beat buddy premium beats?

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by TwoBear, Jan 3, 2021.

1. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

Anyone have experience with or recommendations on the $200 premium packages? I am on the fence and would very much like more and varied beats but any thoughts on getting the full package or maybe funk jazz Latin...Are there so many that it may overwhelm me, and more useless stuff, like on the ones they supply, that I may be better suited just buying maybe $100 of genres that I like?

2. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

It’s years back but when I was using the BB I added 2 packages within genre (country). Currently not using BB but have added within genre again. However doing country has required pop, blues, folk, rock styles, and more. More choices will add to the search time.

3. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

Hey thanks for responding do you mean that adding the more choices will be a hassle searching through them for beats that I may want? And speaking of country it's funny but one of the country beats was the closest thing I found to doing a Jeff Beck freeway jam type of song.

4. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

I’m not familiar with the current BB search engine for beats, but yes if you are having some difficulty finding the right beat now you need to think about is it the search engine or the lack of variety. I have thousands of styles to search through but the search engine is good. Type in a song by name and the engine filters to that, reducing the choices to maybe 100 or so. Occasionally I have searched off and on for months and not found a likable style.

TwoBear likes this.
  5. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

Recording.... I’d quickly pick the drums, add first pass bass and rhythm guitar, then try to finalize the drums choice. When arrangement is done, I’d place the drum breaks.

TwoBear likes this.
  6. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

Yeah that’s what I’m doing pretty much I’m actually using it more for busking but I’d like to record at home with it also. What I was getting out more was I was thinking of spending the extra 200 and something dollars for the premium beats or just buying at 20 or $25 apiece whatever they call them kits, or beats... I could see myself buying more jazz more blues more funk more Latin and maybe a couple others. I was wondering if there is so much content in the premium package and even how it’s laid out that it would be a waste of money and if I wouldn’t be better just spending about $100 instead of over 200 for a bunch of stuff then I may not want

7. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

Oh I was talking about the Singular Sound Beat Buddy, it’s a foot pedal with real recorded drum sounds in it in different fashions/styles/kits.

I think you may be talking about searching out different drum beats on the web? And yes I do that, Recording/sampling the drum tracks into either my Digitech stereo looper or my NU-X loop core dlx, and was wondering if people that had that particular machine or experience actually liked the extra beats andFeatures and if they were easy to use or if with that much extra material it was just more PITA and I might be better suited to just buying $20 packages that were more aimed specifically to me. It seems once you buy this machine for $300 then there’s all the bells and whistle’s you can start adding to it at either $20 a pop or 200 or 350 for humongous libraries of stuff. Man your stuff must be very cool if you are that dedicated to look for perfect beats over that amount of time-I guess we get pretty nuts about the stuff huh?

8. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

I have the Beat Buddy, but it’s been in the closet since about 2016. Back then I bought Platinum Samples Country, and Groove Monkey Country samples. I was using it for live performances, I don’t remember recording with it. I switched to BIAB. I have around 300 tracks to perform with. The Beat Buddy is still in the closet with the other dusty pedals.

TwoBear likes this.
  9. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

BIAB? Band in a box? Ha?

10. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

Yes, Band In A Box replaced the Beat Buddy. I found the Beat Buddy too difficult to add in breaks, intros, outros, while I was busy singing and playing Tele.

TwoBear likes this.
  11. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Meister

That just gave me an idea to use my loop core deluxe copy and record real drum beats that I like off of the Internet and use that as a drum machine like my own custom beat buddy I guess! Don’t know why I never thought of that, it might be an actual great idea thanks!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.