Beard oil?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

In my youth we revolted against the use of pomade and Brylcream now you want me to use Beard Oil. Thin end of the wedge, next it'll be Deodorant and foot washing in the shower.

2. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

I keep mine trimmed short, weekly. A little WD40 helps keep it organized, lubes the clippers, and smells pretty good.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  3. tamer_of_banthas

tamer_of_banthas Tele-Holic

i tried it for a while but it gave me acne. used it in my hair instead. was okay. did not change my life or cause super hot chicks to follow me around.

4. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Beer doileys, you mean?... :D

oh yeah, I crochet my own for parties..:twisted:

beer doiley.jpg

5. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

I use bear fat

6. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I've had a beard since I was 18, and I don't see the purpose of beard oil. I wash my beard to get the oil OUT...

Chunkocaster likes this.
  7. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I slap a little hair conditioner on it. Not sure it does anything, but use the conditioner to shave (trim) with so just throw a little the beard’s way.

8. OldCAT

OldCAT TDPRI Member

NAAAAA! just wash it with whatever ya use on yer face, hit with a brush to get it straightened out, and go free into the day.

9. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I just wash mine once a week with the same shampoo and conditioner I use on my hair, it oils itself between washes. I tried a few scented oils but they just feel greasy and lead to pimples etc. I've recently shaved mine off due to long stints of over 40c temps. Having a beard is no fun in weather like that.

10. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Afflicted

I have had a beard more or less since I have been a teenager. I can't do that Hollywood beard stuff. Too much fakery going on in our times. Use some shampoo & conditioner every now & again if you wear a longer beard.

11. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Everytime I come here it costs me money, I just ordered a tin of the Honest Amish Beard Balm.

don71 and Chunkocaster like this.
  12. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

I find the beard oil or balm keeps the skin under the beard from being so dry. So, yeah, I use it. Brands don’t seem to make a lot of difference.

13. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

No. I have a full beard going down to the middle of my chest, and...no. No trimming, no added oil, etc. That crap is for the birds; I hate the look of manicured beards. All I do is keep it as untangled as I can, and fully wash it with shampoo whenever I wash my head hair, or partially wash it when I wash my face with plain Ivory bar soap. Oil and crap? Totally unnecessary, another responsibility, another expense, another item in my house, more time striken from my life, for zero added benefit. I put practically zero time into grooming (brushing teeth, hair, and beard twice a day, and nothing else), and I want to keep it that way. If I want an oily beard, I'll eat fried chicken; thank you very much.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  14. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Afflicted

Hi.

Have not read all the replies yet (commuting at the mo), so sorry if already mentioned, but there are a lot of places on the web with recipes for beard oil and balm. Much cheaper to make your own.

And yeah, I thought it was hipster silliness too, till I tried some. Big diff. (instead of big druff :lol:).

Pax/
    Dean

15. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Is it made from oil extracted from real Amish?
    We don't get many Amish around these parts but I imagine it would be easy to catch one.

16. Jupiter

yeah, from, by or for?

English is ridiculous sometimes

Chunkocaster likes this.
  17. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Friend of Leo's

Beard oil is certainly not hipster non-sense. Infact, shave or beard oils were around before hipsters great great great grand paws had beards.

I once bought some at walmart last year. It smells so good to me. I would buy it just to rub on my neck and hands.

I don't know why I bought it. I can't grow a beard. I let it grow for 3 weeks a couple weeks ago just to see where I was. Couldn't even really see it. Basically just a little on my chin and lip. Then maybe 8-10 hairs a cheek. If I make it to 35 maybe I'll try again.

But seriously this stuff is awesome.
    [​IMG]

18. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

How have I made it this far without oiling my face?

Had a pretty heated conversation with a lumberjack beard oiler in a toboggan (100degrees outside) at a start bucks over a Tee shirt I was wearing. I was compelled to write a song about the whole experience. Sorry but the words ‘beard oil’ conjures that image now to me. It almost sounds like something extracted from a beard... ewe:eek:!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    TokyoPortrait likes this.
  19. Jupiter

Yeah, I dunno. I wash my face and beard every day, just like I used to wash my face every day before I had a beard (and my hair every day when there was some), and I think my face is pretty much the same--I mean, it's wrinklier...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.