Bd-2 as a clean boost.

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
The open mic night I co host requires very little drive. Clean - loads. But I’ve turned on a gritty tone once last night I took a board with a bd2 on it. Turned the gain down. Turned the volume up and it had been years but what a tone.

Clean but with a bit of hair. Full and round.

I love my mxr micro amp but it doesn’t add this type of tone. Those who know, know.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I've posted here way too much about my BD-2 worship as an always ON pedal for me...

So instead, here's a ( maybe not so) secret setting, for a ' Fuzz in a pinch!' using a Blues Driver:
- crank both BD-2's Gain and Tone controls all the way UP! ( Level can be wherever you need it)
- turn your guitar's Tone knob OFF ( for whichever pickup you choose)

* you should get a pretty good, thick Fuzz there

RetroTeleRod

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I've tried a TON of different overdrive pedals as a clean boost in the past. There's just something about the Blues Driver in this application that just works for me! With either a Reverb or a Delay engaged it gives me a sweet clean tone. When I switch them off and just run the BD-2 dry the tone gets a nice crunchy edge to it. It took me years to discover the magic of the Blues Driver, but I'm sure glad I did!

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
There is more than one 'sweet spot', in an amp. There is more than one perfect flavour, lurking in your Blues Driver. I've been guilty, of finding good tones and sticking with them- but it pays, to keep searching.....:cool:

RetroTeleRod

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
New Board May 2022.jpeg

Here's mine!

igor5

Tele-Meister
I've posted here way too much about my BD-2 worship as an always ON pedal for me...

So instead, here's a ( maybe not so) secret setting, for a ' Fuzz in a pinch!' using a Blues Driver:
- crank both BD-2's Gain and Tone controls all the way UP! ( Level can be wherever you need it)
- turn your guitar's Tone knob OFF ( for whichever pickup you choose)

* you should get a pretty good, thick Fuzz there
Never try that with BD-2, but sometimes I use that faux fuzz with my TC Mojo Mojo in similar way. And I like.

Bourbon Burst

Tele-Meister
I got a Keeley modded BD-2 pedal. It is very versatile and go from overdrive to mild distortion. I'm currently using it with a Trio Plus as a boost or cut for the different gain levels from a microphone or just a guitar. It is very clean. I have used a Boss EQ-7 but that added noise.

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
The BD-2 is a killer boost! I am going to put it back on my board! I currently have a J Rockett Blue Note which is good when I have my SF Deluxe in the mix but the BD-2 is much more dynamic and sensitive. Such a great drive.