BC RIch Warlock/Warbeast for 10 bucks off of Facebook Mktplace

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Newbcaster, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Newbcaster

Newbcaster Tele-Holic

All the parts are there except for the wraparound bridge.

The goofy thing is that the scale is 24.75 gibson scale. with a warparound bridge. Astute folks into real music, and not the kind played on guitars that look like these, know that that is a recipe for the money for nothing tone if you have a good P-90.

I'm kinda torn. The pickups are ****e anyways and so are the electronics. it's a bronze series made in china so the neck looks like Ricky Skaggs' ukulele.

Kinda thinking HSH, but with a p90 in the middle.

I'm torn between doing a 80's neon job or something. Its black with a matching pointy headstock.

I dunno what to do with this thing. What color should this be?

Fretting out likes this.
  2. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

10 bucks ? hard to pass if you want to experiment with it.

edit or is it 10 bucks of the original price ?

radiocaster likes this.
  3. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Holic

1. It’s okay to admit you want to play with a pointy guitar. No need to qualify with “astute folks into real music.”

2. My impression has been that Ricky Skaggs is about as astute as it gets and can play his ass off. If he has a ukulele, it’s probably a nice one, with a great neck.

3. I hope you take some photos of this thing and post them, because it sounds like a cool project. I used to drool over a candy-apple-red pawnshop Dean Z that was missing some hardware. I pictured it with chrome PAFs and a custom pearloid pickguard in a country band. Wish I’d grabbed it sometimes.

Fretting out likes this.
  4. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

I ve got one or 2 pointy guitars, and it s always funny people telling you hey, that s satan s guitar ! But i play mostly country and rock and roll, so don t judge a dog by its hair or something.

5. Newbcaster

Newbcaster Tele-Holic

Oh Im a huge fan of Ricky, but a 6 string guitar should have a bigger neck than a ukulele lol.

I dont know how this project is going to proceed. Can't think of what color it should be. I kinda feel like it should be a mashup of sorts, like a strattele or something. Like a War beast with SG appointments.

i dunno. Need inspiration.

6. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Holic

Maybe multicolor, like that weird bowling-ball swirl of fluorescent colors on Vernon Reid’s “Cult of Personality”-era ESP.

Or—check it out—holoflash, like Frigo’s guitar from Enuff Z’ Nuff’s heyday:

https://images.app.goo.gl/z1YCM8XBq5ogSBci6

7. Newbcaster

Newbcaster Tele-Holic

Ok now we're cooking with gas!! Holoflash is exactly my cuppa joe. I wonder how people achieve this. Any one work with this before?

8. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Holic

This? If so yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

radiocaster likes this.
  9. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

With the BC Rich Bronze series (or the others), the pickups are fine, just adjust the heights to the strings by ear. The pots, caps, switch, and jack should be replaced with the typical suspects (bourns/cts, switchcraft) and you'll have a durable guitar.

Wait for the reveal around 3 minutes in...

preactor and radiocaster like this.
  10. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Holic

Without watching that video, just looking at the still image, you can pretty much tell that’s not going to be about how to apply a holoflash finish.

Seems like I read about applying Holoflash on a Kramer-collecting forum, and/or Sevenstring dot .org. Sounded challenging...but I think that warlock body shape would look pretty cool in that finish.

Now on to watch that non-holoflash video.

Edit: cool vid!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.