BB45 tone at home

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Grizz2k, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Grizz2k

Grizz2k TDPRI Member

I play a Fender Bassbreaker 45 combo with a large pedalboard live and I've really grown accustomed to it. I'm looking for a practice amp with comparable tone that can play at apartment levels.
    Naturally I first considered the BB007 but it's my understanding - and I haven't had the opportunity to try one out - that the circuitry and tone is worlds different from the 45. I also considered an attenuator but the amp stays at our practice space when we're not playing shows; in any case, the real estate is a bit much for our little apartment.

Hoping to find an amp whose tone is similar enough that I can tweak my pedalboard at home and keep the same settings onstage. Tell me what you know.

EDIT: Duplicate post. Unsure how it happened but this one can be deleted. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

My thoughts would be to set the pedal rig up for the BB45 and leave it alone. Make whatever amp you might use anywhere else ‘work’ with that pedal board and it’s settings....and accept the difference for practice. Ommv.

3. LightningPhil

LightningPhil Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.