Battery Power supply for Pedals

Jeru

Tele-Holic
Thinking about a rechargeable battery power supply for pedals, like if I wanted to take a Micro Cube
into the park or onto the street to play a little, but wanted my little looper (which CHEWS through a
9v battery) and maybe a dirt pedal with me. Maybe even my little practice pedal board..

Why don't we see more search results for things like this..? . . . (links below)

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
I've been using generic--not made for the guitar market--rechargeable lithium battery packs for years now. The ones that seem to be made the best are Talentcell brand (Amazon). They are available in several voltage/current options. Some offer multiple voltages, and many also have a USB power tap.

Jeru

Tele-Holic
I've been using generic--not made for the guitar market--rechargeable lithium battery packs for years now. The ones that seem to be made the best are Talentcell brand (Amazon). They are available in several voltage/current options. Some offer multiple voltages, and many also have a USB power tap.

Very much appreciated / good thought. For the ones that don't have the 9VDC out that
we're used to in our little guitar/pedal world, do you make your own cables/adapters..?

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Very much appreciated / good thought. For the ones that don't have the 9VDC out that
we're used to in our little guitar/pedal world, do you make your own cables/adapters..?

Yes, I do make my own cables. Many of these battery packs use a coaxial power jack that is wired backwards from typical guitar pedal jacks. Meaning--guitar pedals usually require center negative, and these battery packs are center positive.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
I designed one with isolated grounds too keep leaky capacitors in an old pedal from spilling positive power through the ground into the ground to another pedal.

It's a modular design that works with 18650 batteries in 5S sleds tied together and was just beginning to put it together last year when my wife passed away.

It uses buck down transformers with software controlling the output voltage so it stays consistent at 9,12 or 18v....

So..... well, almost.... getting there.....

1660349402520.png

Swirling Snow

Tele-Meister
I have the Mutron one, and while I don't use it much, I'm very impressed with how long it's held a charge while sitting on the shelf. :)

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity