1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Batman V Superman. Save your money.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jakedog, Mar 29, 2016.

1. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

I got to watch it free at home as a test pilot for movies through my niece. Watched it three nights ago. What a total let down. Dark drab movie of less than spectacular specials. Didn't like Fishburn as Perry either. Save your coin and catch it later like Jake says.

2. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

That's kind of the point of the movie. After 20 years in Gotham, Batman had become one of the bad guys, but doesn't realize it until the end of the movie.

I think this movie went over a lot of people's heads. I personally liked it way more than any Marvel movie I have seen.

3. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

Newsflash - Batman is a dark character.

4. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

The whole premise that causes Batman to become a "bad guy" was weakly done. Surely Batman would realize that there is going to be collateral damage when fighting someone who is trying to destroy the world. To blame Superman for the destruction caused by Zod is nonsensical, and to expect the audience to just accept that is insulting.

5. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

Yes, it was weakly done, but that wasn't the reason he wanted to kill Superman. He was more concerned about the possibility in the future where Superman might just lose his mind and destroy mankind. You also have to accept that Batman was not in his right mind at this point in his life, given his past tragedies (eg., Robin was apparently killed by the Joker).

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I wrote my comment based on the fact that I've not seen BM vs SM, I intend to maintain that bliss of ignorance. I prefer my heroes sunny side up and on the side of justice. We have more than enough bad guys in California, super heroes need not apply, we're all full up on crazy around here.

7. PaulieBoy

PaulieBoy Former Member

Me am waiting movie BIZARRO SUPERMAN

8. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

Yeah, I figured you hadn't seen it. I just mentioned it generally because you accidently hit on one of the themes of the movie.

9. kelnet

His attitude towards Superman, though, was based on his witnessing the destruction in Metropolis, and on his reaction to the death of his employee. Plus, there was the oh-so-dramatic scene with the little girl who lost her mother.

Sure, Wayne complains to Alfred that there doesn't seem to be any point anymore, but that also felt weak. Would Bruce Wayne really turn into a whiney old man, bemoaning his lack of impact after all these years? It all just felt like an excuse to drive the plot to a battle between the heroes.

Also, doesn't this film follow the last Christian Bale version? There was no Robin in that trilogy.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

Nolan's Batman universe is a separate thing - totally unrelated to what DC is trying to do with their current movie universe. This is closer to the actual comic book universe.

Regarding motivation - hey, they thought it would be cool to see Batman fight Superman, so they made it happen, weak motivation or not. I'm not saying the movie is perfect, I'm just saying I enjoyed it.

11. Toto'sDad

We don't need super heroes that become whiny-butts, we, and I'm including myself, have plenty of whiny-butts right here on the TDPRI, don't even have to send out. I don't want super heroes who aren't heroes, no, no, no. Super A-holes need not apply, get out here, go on, before I take a stick to you! GET OUT, and STAY OUT!

1955 likes this.
  12. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

I wouldn't particularly categorize your online persona as a "whiny-butt." More like, "Realistic and Pragmatic Whiny-Butt." :)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

Why thank ya, than ya vera much. That's what I'm shootin' for. ;)

Tele1966 likes this.
  14. kelnet

Ah, okay. That clears that up. I was wondering why Alfred was suddenly the technical guy.
    However, this Batman clearly isn't the Clooney, Kilmer, or Keaton Batman. Having not read the comics, I needed to put the middle-aged Batman into a film context. I didn't expect a total reboot with an older Batman. Does this mean we'll get some prequels?

There were definitely some enjoyable moments for me, too.
    "Is she with you?"
    "I thought she was with you."

15. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Judging from the unanimous reviews this film must have gone over the heads of nearly 100% of movie goers...

16. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  17. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Uh...ok.

18. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.