Bathing...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by screamin eagle, Apr 19, 2018.

1. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

I would run a bath if it were deep enough to get my poor knees under.
    Otherwize what is the point of the epson salts?

2. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Do Tell,,,o_O

3. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Unlike my silly first answer, having a nasty cold makes a hot bath seem appealing today.

4. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

That's where I read. And I read a lot.

P Thought likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

When we moved to our home we are in now, I had the bathtub taken out and a pretty nice tiled walk in shower put in our bathroom. There is a tub in the front/guest bathroom but I've never used it, nor has my wife. We have it set up as a shower bath combination, and I don't know if anyone has ever taken a bath in the tub. I have always preferred a shower, and my wife has as well. I usually have one in the morning, and one in the evening.

6. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Every weekend morning Mrs Sailor and I have coffee in the hot tub. It is meditative. We don’t have a bathtub in the house so it’s my only option.

7. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Holic

Absolutely! Nothing beats a nice hot bath with Epsom salts after a good workout.

8. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Tele-Afflicted

I cannot stand BO especially on me so that's the main reason for this true story below. So if you've got a few minutes give it a read. I've called it:- *A Day In The Life Of a Squaddie.* Some of you guys that might've served part of your Army service in Germany probably did similar.

Back in 1963/4 while serving in the British Army and on a NATO exercise our little group had found ourselves a Gästehaus with a bakery in the back yard in a little German Village that the name has long been forgotten. A few of us spent the evening in the Gästehaus drinking beer and talking to a few of the village old timers. We had the forethought to pass the microphone and headphones from the radio thru' the window so we could answer any calls bearing in mind we were supposed to be in some fictitious war and also miles away from the Gästehaus and in some field which we had the map reference for. The evening was great fun because the more beer we drank the easier our German language flowed giving the old timers a good laugh when we got something wrong. When the Gästehaus closed we all retired to the warmth of the bakery as the workers there were baking tomorrows bread etc. We all had sleeping bags and fell asleep only to wake up about an hour later sweating our 'whots-its' off and then just laying on top the sleeping bags. When we all woke up later in the morning it was a joint effort to make breakfast with eggs and bacon bought from the local shop and fresh bread given to us by the bakers. Now having sweated during the night I felt really uncomfortable and after breakfast took a little walk thru' the village to see if there was anywhere I could have a bath or an all over wash. There was a shallowish stream running thru' the village alongside the road and as luck would have it there was nobody up and about being it was a Sunday at about 7.30am. I returned to the bakery and got my towel and my soap and went back to a spot I had picked out where I could sit in the stream with the water just about flowing over my thighs. I had put my towel on the bank and where I chose to sit was about 10 ft from my towel. I'm sat there in the freezing water soaping up when I hear the village church bell start to ring out, but thought nothing of it whilst laying back in the water enjoying a very cold bath. I was now acclimatised to the water tho' a certain part of my anatomy had decided to try and disappear back into my body in the hope of finding some heat I s'pose. Suddenly I caught sight of a lot of German families all coming along the road heading for the Church to confess their sins. Too late to move and get my towel I had to sit there in the shallow stream with both hands in my groin in an attempt to cover myself and as the German families walked past they were all saying "Guten Tag" and I was returning them with Guten Tag. I heard one or two of them who obviously could speak English make comments that I was meant to hear like "Crazy English soldiers". As soon as I was sure most of the village personnel had passed by me I arose from my position and went and got my towel and hurriedly dried myself and got dressed and returned to the bakery for a nice cup of hot coffee which humanised me again..

Later that day we moved out and continued with the fictitious war..

9. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Tele-Afflicted

I have just had my 2nd shower of the day at 7.pm, my first was when I got out of bed at 8.30am. I haven't had a bath for years now, the one in our bathroom is like in a lot of Aussie homes and purely for bathing the kids until they're big enough to be trusted to shower themselves.. S

10. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

I love that word "moisturise". Or is it supposed to be "moisturize"? Yes, probably, since Safari is telling me the former is misspelled. But since it's a fake, non-sensical, made up marketing word, the spelling can be whatever they decide to put on the label.

What was wrong with "Moisten", and "Moistener"?

The worst is "Wholesome".

Lotta money to be made in convincing Americans that they have some heretofore unknown need that this new and improved product can alleviate.

11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I can't fit in my bath and have always preferred a shower anyway. I have a hot spa with massage jets out back I sometimes use to soak my bones in, more in the winter than summer months. In the bath you just end up hot below the water line and freezing above.

12. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

Fake news. Since it was morning, they would have been saying guten morgen, not guten tag.

Slowpoke likes this.
  13. Mechanic

Mechanic Friend of Leo's

I’m 6’4” and don’t fit in a tub. Shower for me on a regular basis. Our shower is high enough to stand up straight and stretch any which way I need to. It’s nice when the wife joins me to help reach that one spot on my back as I help with hers. My new life’s issue though is dry skin due to diuretics they have me on. Mrs. Mechanic helps there to. TMI I know but happy wife is a happy life. At this stage in my life it’s very much appreciated.

14. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

I guess I haven't taken a bath since the '90s.
    What's this 'shower' thing ya'll speak of?

brookdalebill likes this.
  15. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Baby oil. Tougher after a shower, but you've got help. I add it after a half hour soak in the Epsom and baking soda. A little tougher clean of the tub, but well worth it. My skin has the happenings going on.

16. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Haven't had a sit down bath in 11 years, at least since my illness began (cidp). My legs and torso are too weak to get me up out of the tub.

Always used to like a hot bath to loosen up. Imagine my surprise and joy when I found bathtubs in European hotels. Long, wide, deep. Man, if I could get something like that...

17. esseff

esseff Tele-Holic

I don't like showering if there's a tub option. A relaxing hour in a hot bath with a book or magazine is a good way to start the day off. It doesn't always go down well with partners and daughters demanding their cosmetic time though...

18. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Bathe? Next you'll be telling me I need to wash my clothes, too!

brookdalebill likes this.
  19. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Tele-Afflicted

Hi 65 Champ Amp, it was definitely "Guten Tag" that most were saying but some did say "Guten Morgen." To be honest at that time in the morning and at that temperature (bloody freezing) perhaps my hearing wasn't spot on. I was more interested in my lower region in that freezing water and covering up my embarrassment. I admit to using two hands when I'm sure one hand would've been more than adequate.. S:lol:

20. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

IMG_0003.jpg

I started out this way, when wash tubs were more spacious and my clothing was simpler.

brookdalebill and P Thought like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.