Bassman Micro Build Circuit Board Check

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by mmarkh, Feb 19, 2020.

1. mmarkh

mmarkh NEW MEMBER!

Hello All -

I'm in the midst of building my first amp and would like your assistance. If you would please take a look at the pictures of my circuit board for Rob Robinette's Bassman Micro to make sure I didn't mess anything up, I'd very much appreciate it!

I am missing the 270k Grid Stopper resistor in the upper right due to my poor materials ordering. Other than that, I think I'm in good shape.

Rob's Bassman Micro Layout: https://robrobinette.com/images/Guitar/Bassman_Micro/Bassman_Micro_LTP_Layout.png

Thanks!

2. 82LesPaul

82LesPaul TDPRI Member

The top of the board looks good except for the 270K as you mentioned. You will also have to add wire on back to 270K that goes to V2. On the back it looks like you are missing the wires that go from each of the 470K grid stop resistors to V4. Since its your first build a good practice is to check the value of your components with a good DMM. You can also get resistor color code charts on the web. I had trouble seeing the colors on some of the resistors to verify. Great looking first build. Keep the pictures and questions coming. This is a great forum with a lot of very talented and knowledgeable builders.

King Fan likes this.
  3. mmarkh

mmarkh NEW MEMBER!

Thanks for the feedback, @82LesPaul! I will definitely make sure I run the wires from the grid stops to the tubes. I did run through all of the resistors with a DMM to make sure I have them placed properly. I appreciate you checking them for me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.