Bassbuckers?

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by sothoth, May 5, 2021.

1. sothoth

sothoth Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I was looking at the Les Paul Jr. Tribute double cut bass (30-1/2” scale) with one “bassbucker” pickup.

Can anyone school me in this pickup? Is it like the kind that they used to put on the SG bass? I can’t seem to find much info on it, on its design/construction, to know what it might sound like, other than they say the bass is warm sounding and I’m guessing not a lot of pop.

If I wanted to swap out the pickup is there a drop in replacement for this type or is one that doesn’t have aftermarket options?

Thanks in advance.

2. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

It's the same pickup as the neck pickup in the 2014 and 2017 EB Bass. It's turned upside down so the exposed polepieces aren't visible.

3. sothoth

sothoth Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

Thanks for the info. Probably not a good fit for what I’m into although the bass looks cool and I DO want a short scale in my collection. I’ll probably wait for one of the Chicago Music Exchange exclusive mustang colors to come out in a PJ config this summer. They have an orange and a blue and Sherwood green that look nice and are on pre-order, although I’m suddenly not seeing the blue anymore so maybe it’s sold out.

Bassman8 and 68Telebass like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.