Bassbreaker Hum Revisited

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Randypttt, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

Anybody figure out how to cleanse, lessen, eradicate the hum? Specifically from the 007 (since there's no fx loop). Or has Fender made some changes in the production lines?

Never bothered me til I started recording differently. I like the way it sounds but its almost 3 yrs old and maybe due for new tubes.
    Anyway...comments?

2. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

I fixed my 15 Combo by getting a new Blackstar.

The word I got from Fender was the transformer wasn't shielded and neither were EFX loop jacks although that part won't apply to you. So maybe have a look at the transformer. I just got fed up with all the nonsense about " the parts will available in the next week or so " that I gave up

Randypttt likes this.
  3. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

Yeah I read your posts in another thread when I tried researching this. I hope I don't have to buy another amp to 'fix' the problem but I'll look at the transformer.
    Hopefully there'll be some other replies at least to give me a bump as you did.
    I think I was about to disappear from the forum.
    Thanks stratoman1

4. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

What changed in the way you're recording?
    It may be due some new valves anyway. Has the hum got louder or has it just begun to bug you?. Are you using different pedals to before, does it hum even when nothing is plugged in?
    Does it hum when the lights are switched off?, that may sound daft but I found my single ended amps, neither of which are bad hummers, had an annoying low level hum when the room was lit with a compact fluorescent. Barely noticeable, but there. I switched to decent LED and the problem went away.
    There'll always be some noise in a single ended amp. How bad is it?

Randypttt likes this.
  5. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

I was using the line out to record and it never seemed to make itself known.
    I'm micing my cab now and the sound is way louder in the headphones for some reason.
    Not too noticable while I'm playing so I suspect it wont interfere with the recording.

I remember a lot of disappointment with buyers and I didn't see anything different with the research I did; still hum, people unsatisfied with the amp.
    Thought there might have been some changes made or some brave people willing to tear their amps apart in search of the gremlin.
    Anyway, I guess Fender doesn't care but I can't get another amp so I'll carry on.

6. stratoman1

They told me not to run any cords on the right side of the amp. That's where the transformer is

Randypttt likes this.
  7. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

Interesting. Thanks man

8. InkStained

InkStained Tele-Meister

I haven't heard any hum in the Bassbreaker 007 that arrived on my doorstep Saturday. But I've only played it less than two hours so far.

I'm liking it more and more.

Randypttt likes this.
  9. mtown

mtown Tele-Meister

Seriously? That was their answer. How about fixing the problem for free and taking care of the customer. I've about had with Fender and their junk they're passing off. Pathetic. Oh well. Money talks so I'll spend it on another company's amp.

Leandro Diana likes this.
  10. stratoman1

That was their answer for a supposed temp workaround. Then they tried to placate me with T shirts

11. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

Long sleeve?

Twang Banger and Boubou like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.