Bassbreaker 15 project

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Grant Austin, May 4, 2018.

1. Grant Austin

Grant Austin Tele-Meister

2. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Would you buy a car on the premise "maybe that's what's worng with it"? Price is pretty steep for that.

3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

IT is over-priced by about $125 imho....maybe $150. A dead amp is a dead amp with unknown problems. One has to consider that one is buying the worst case scenario. IF one is lucky, the problems are not so severe and costly. IF one gets hung up with big expenses for repairs, then one is not hurt financially as much as they would be if they gave say $200 for an amp that needs more than that in repair and is not worth anywhere near $450......OMMV....but I don't like to lose money when buying amps.

4. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

It looks like a pain to take apart, the 'possibly needs a regulator or zener diode. It was connected to a power source that shut off and came back on and now it won't power back on.' sounds like someone selling a motor saying, 'I think it is just the brushes'. I doubt anyone got it apart far enough to figure out the problem, if it was just a $0.50 part they would have repaired it. In other words you take your chances knowing nothing of the problem.

emisilly, Zepfan and Wally like this.
  5. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Afflicted

run away!

6. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

Also with Fender not giving out schematics the repair person would have to reverse engineer one. Not that it would be too hard to do but more time involved depending where the problem is.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.