Bass line earworms

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
I'm sure we all suffer from the occasional earworm. That song that you just can't get out of your head, sometimes for days on end.

I recently got interested in trying out playing bass. I bought a Fender Rumble 25 and a cheap Ibanez short scale bass. I've been having a blast learning some pretty easy, recognizable songs. But man, the earworms.

All day long I'm hearing Lady Madonna, Come Together, Stand By Me, Three Little Birds...It's like my mind is practicing the songs over and over. Must be a bass line thing because it doesn't often happen when I'm working on guitar songs.

Moonraker5

Tele-Meister
When I got my first bass and amp (it was also a Fender Rumble 25) the first bass line I set out to learn was The Jam's "A Town Called Malice." Why that one:

1. it wasn't that difficult
2. it was Motown without being as difficult to play as Motown.
3. it's fun as heck to play

Give it a go (there's tabs on the net) and you will be playing a Motown-like bass line.

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
When I got my first bass and amp (it was also a Fender Rumble 25) the first bass line I set out to learn was The Jam's "A Town Called Malice." Why that one:

1. it wasn't that difficult
2. it was Motown without being as difficult to play as Motown.
3. it's fun as heck to play

Give it a go (there's tabs on the net) and you will be playing a Motown-like bass line.

I just checked that out. Sounds like a fun one and I'll give it a try.