Based Strictly On Looks ..... Your Favorite Signature Telecaster.

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I like especially, the ...

James Burton in the the blue/gold paisley flame.
Brad Paisley Road Worn in silver sparkle with silver/black paisley guard.
Chrissie Hynde in ice blue metallic and chrome guard.

Edit: oh yah, gotta add in that Joe Strummer!

Last edited:

bendercaster

Tele-Afflicted
The Brit Daniels and Jason Isbell teles are my favorite current signature models, but if I could only have one Tele for the rest of my life, it would be a Clarence model.

Moonraker5

Tele-Meister
I actually had this one and regretted selling this! It is not beautiful, but not ugly neither.

Dude, I feel for you. That guitar is a keeper of all keepers. I know it really looks absurd, but what Fender put into the guts of the guitar - all that vintage stuff - really made the Strummer Tele an ass-kicking guitar. Looks positively stupid, but what a great guitar to play.

1649613705672.jpeg

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Pure nostalgia . . . This one was a Pink Paisley before I refinished it, but the wood was beautiful and I did not stain it. IIRC, I just used several thin coats of Deft Satin Polyurethane. The body, neck and headstock matched just right. I check Sweetwater routinely, but nothing has grabbed me yet.

before.jpg

Telelover1

TDPRI Member
For me it's the Buck Owens MIJ Red White and Blue Tele finished in large metal flake.
I own one that I bought it in Bakersfeld at the Crystal Palace. Buck left for home before i could have him sign it as he normally would. One of my best players and never goes out of tune. It is a looker for sure.

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
Dude, I feel for you. That guitar is a keeper of all keepers. I know it really looks absurd, but what Fender put into the guts of the guitar - all that vintage stuff - really made the Strummer Tele an ass-kicking guitar. Looks positively stupid, but what a great guitar to play.

View attachment 972103

I couldn't have said it better! This is just a great guitar. Period.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I don’t buy on looks. I don’t want ugly. And I have no affinity for stuff designed for someone else. Call me a curmudgeon.

Mur

Friend of Leo's
I like the looks of a Clarence White signature Tele.