1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Baritones and Deluxes

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by fakeocaster, Mar 17, 2019.

1. fakeocaster

fakeocaster Tele-Afflicted

I picked up a baritone danelectro a while ago, and it sounds great through a deluxe reverb at lower volumes.

Has anyone used this kind of rig at gig volumes, and if so will the speaker be damaged?

2. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

No worries. I played my Jerry Jones baritone often at gigs with a Gries 20 amp, which is essentially a deluxe reverb with a master volume. Sounded great, no damage ever for me.

3. Ribsspare

Ribsspare Tele-Meister

I have a PRS baritone and have and have not experienced any damaged of tube amps

4. W.L.Weller

W.L.Weller Tele-Holic

Nothing bad will happen to the amplifier, it's the speaker designed for guitar trying to amplify a 55 Hz low A that may have a hard time.

Judicious EQ and/or playing technique will go a long way. Depending on whether you're tuned to A or B, it's only the first 6 or 4 frets on the lowest string that are pitches below a standard guitar's low E.

As long as the speaker in the amp you're using isn't an irreplaceable vintage ___________ I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you want a speaker made for the job, there are a few voiced for guitar that are designed to work down to 55 Hz.

TheGoodTexan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.