Barber Pedal Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Agitator, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

Barb EQ is the best pedal I've ever owned. Makes any 5f1 or similar amp very versatile. Works great with the Fender Excelsior as well.

Still love my Tone Press too.

2. SturmUndTwang

SturmUndTwang TDPRI Member

Been using the Launch Pad for the past 5 years to stack the channels on my DRRI and to give some gain boost on the front end. Works pretty great! Would recommend to anyone looking to thicken up a blackface dual-channel amp.

Wyzsard likes this.
  3. girded_loins

girded_loins TDPRI Member

New barber owner here! I had a buddy who let me borrow a Burn Unit EQ a few years back and I loved it. Bought a Tim and used that for 4 years but recently decided to change things up a bit. Found a Burn Unit EQ online used for $115. Pretty pumped to see how it works with new setup.

surfspeck and Wyzsard like this.
  4. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

Direct Drive user since Nov 2003. Very well made versatile pedal.

5. surfspeck

surfspeck TDPRI Member

The Barber Burn Unit through Fender Style Amps is what does it for me. I owned a Tone King Metropolitan Years back and called the original owner Mark Bartel about a recommended drive pedal to pair with it. I went with his recommendation and have never looked back. I’ve tried quite a few additional overdrives over the last 10 years and nothing pleases my ears more than the Burn Unit. To me it only enhances or refines the tone of a good amplifier. It gives my tone plenty of distinction with a nice chimney top end and balls on the low end. Cuts through the band mix very nicely.

kevsonic likes this.
  6. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

I'm going to have to try a Burn Unit, either the EQ or the Small Fry, one of these days when the time and price are right, just because I know how great the BUSS is, and the original BUs have that Dynamics control.

My latest Barber love is the Gain Changer SR. I didn't think the original Gain Changer could be improved upon, but Dave Barber pulled it off somehow! It's a beauty.

surfspeck likes this.
  7. Singles Forever

Singles Forever TDPRI Member

I traded my Green Rhino for a Barber Direct Drive compact (green). Definitely a good move as it sounds much more natural, is waaay more versatile and just better. I will never get a tubescreamer clone again..

Daytona.57 and kevsonic like this.
  8. surfspeck

surfspeck TDPRI Member

Agreed, it’s been my go to now for 10 yrs

Daytona.57 likes this.
  9. surfspeck

surfspeck TDPRI Member

Has anyone paired a Burn Unit with one of the Kingsley “valve” pedals?

10. cratz2

cratz2 TDPRI Member

LTD SR and a Direct Drive here.

For a number of years, the Direct Drive was my most used pedal.

11. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Okay, I'm absolutely in love. Got me a used Burn Unit Small Fry and instantly had one of those "where has this been all my life?"-moments. My favorite Barbee yet!

12. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Or Barber, rather!

I traded some stuff and ended up with a Burn Unit EQ, and holy smokes. The 2-channel setup is a logical and usable one. The BUEQ absolutely now occupies a solid spot as the number 1 on my board, because of its lovely responsive interaction with the guitar's controls and picking dynamics, followed sometimes by a Gain Changer, sometimes a Lovepedal Amp11 (pretty much just for the boost side of it), sometimes a Barber Launch Pad (brilliant clean boost!). But whatever follows, some version of the Burn Unit will for the foreseeable future be in that #1 position, and #2 is chosen on the basis of how well it helps the BU's sound, though it hardly needs help!

Daytona.57 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.