Banned from the gear page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmaxbrady

Tele-Holic
Is anyone here a mod for the gear page? I got banned and I have no idea why. I’ve broken no rules that I’m aware of and I’m even a paying member to upload pics and use the emporium. I didn’t receive an email or anything. Weird.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
It’s time to reflect.
giphy.gif

Lucius Paisley

Tele-Afflicted
Is anyone here a mod for the gear page? I got banned and I have no idea why. I’ve broken no rules that I’m aware of and I’m even a paying member to upload pics and use the emporium. I didn’t receive an email or anything. Weird.

Maybe this will teach you not to say "coil tap" when you mean "coil split", you racist.

suave eddie

Friend of Leo's
A one week suspension?
I just got back from one of those. Also in my case totally unexpected and completely bogus in my opinion. I've had luck contacting the mods via the contact link on the page to find out why they took the action they did.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I don't post there very much, if at all anymore. Mostly because I can't post photos or images there from my phone, and that's the only place I post images from.

Oldsmobum

Tele-Holic
They seem like a sensitive bunch. I was reading a thread about “songs that didn’t age well” and I am amazed at how hard it is for some people not to be a wiener...

Hari Seldon

Tele-Meister

Don't worry, that's normal.
They interpret their own rules in an erratic way. It makes a big difference if you are an average member or one of the inner circle.
If you ask a mod you will likely be ignored, or treated like a bad child.

Just ignore them and enjoy this friendly forum here.

Last edited:

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
TDPRI is more interesting. I’ve been suspended here though. One I understood, the other was puzzling.
I suppose the mods have to maintain some sort of order.
Over at Steve Hoffman, the rules state that merely criticizing the moderators can get you permanently banned.

cigarman513

Tele-Meister
I go on there because there can be good knowledge but man, I can't stand most the people there. Very rude, sarcastic and intolerant of other peoples opinions.

TDPRI and GretschTalk, you guys and gals are very friendly and easy going.

boredguy6060

Poster Extraordinaire
You probably spelled Squire instead of Squier, that’s a touchy subject over there.
Hoffman I hear use to teach 7th grade English, a run on sentence can get you banned for a year.
Keep in mind, any if this could be true.

omahaaudio

Friend of Leo's
You probably expressed a negative opinion about a band that one of the moderators likes.

takauya

Tele-Meister
TGP is a fun place to lurk around once you understand who to ignore. Lots of them with crazy amount of posts are in fact just bedroom players thinking they are guitar gods and their opinions are definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.