Band room broken into

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
There aren't any words that I could use from my profanasaurus that would accurately describe how I felt when I read your post. They'd never allow me back on TDPRI if I used them.
I can only say you have my sincere condolences.
It sounds like a targeted job from some fairly determined lowlifes.
With that level of expensive equipment in the room, be sure to install some CCTV and trackers on the replacement equipment.

I still feel the anger welling up in me when I think about the theft of my first amp (old 2nd hand Vox AC30) back when I was a kid in the early 1980s.
Money was tight back then and my father burst a gut doing overtime to buy me it.
I found out years later who had stolen it (nothing stayed secret for too long in my town) and even utter thrashing I gave the perp back in the 90s still hasn't ever resolved my anger. In fact, I feel like thrashing the #@$#* all over again.

I'm not sure if this site is still in operation but I'm going to make it a personal policy to check serial numbers whenever I buy second hand gear.
The idea of owning anything that has been the result of anyone's misfortune appals me.

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister
Oh yeah.... and one other thing, don't just walk into the pawn shop and look around and leave if you don't see anything. Be sure to specifically ask the clerks "Hey... did you guys take in a XYZ?" Cause it could be in the back and they haven't brought it out to the storefront yet, if you see what I mean. Good luck man... hope you get the stuff back.
Saw the opposite thing happen once. They put the guitar in the back room and told the cops they didn't know what my friend was talking about after he informed them that they had his stolen guitar.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't understand the criminal mind. Breaking through a wall for $5000 is too much risk for too little return. They can't get 10% of the value of what they stole fencing the stolen goods. They can't use any of it themselves anyplace near by. It's depravity. Sociopaths.

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
You need a security system. One that motion senses and records even in the dark. Also, a really loud outside alarm set off by the motion sensor. Your neighbors won't appreciate it if it goes off, but you're already playing loud music, so what's the difference. And loud alarms do more to scare off the thieves than anything else.

Wallo Tweed

Friend of Leo's
I don't understand the criminal mind. Breaking through a wall for $5000 is too much risk for too little return. They can't get 10% of the value of what they stole fencing the stolen goods. They can't use any of it themselves anyplace near by. It's depravity. Sociopaths.

I agree. Sometimes when I see what thieves have to go through to score a few bucks, I think that it would be so much less hassle to just get a job, do your shift and go home.