Band room broken into

Ebidis

Friend of Leo's
They stole 2 keyboards, the powered FRFR speaker for the keyboards, and my bass. In total about 5K in equipment. They couldn't get through the steel door, so they broke through the wall.

Then they set a fire and burned a hole in the carpet. I guess they were trying to burn the place down.

POS dooshbags. :mad:

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
They stole 2 keyboards, the powered FRFR speaker for the keyboards, and my bass. In total about 5K in equipment. They couldn't get through the steel door, so they broke through the wall.

Then they set a fire and burned a hole in the carpet. I guess they were trying to burn the place down.

POS dooshbags. :mad:
I can't say what I'd like to say

teletail

Friend of Leo's
Sorry that happened. I’d like to see the thieves hung by their balls, but this is why you should never leave anything anywhere that you can’t afford to lose. $5k worth of equipment at a band room???? Not in this lifetime.

When I played keys I bought an inexpensive 80’s Korg to leave at rehearsal and took my 2nd keyboard with me. Cost me an extra 2 minutes to set up and tear down. I can’t imagine leaving a bass or guitar. If it’s just too much trouble to take them with you, you can get a perfectly adequate Squier bass or guitar for a little over $100 used.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Well check pawn shops and craigslist.

I once saw a stolen item of mine on eBay.

You can imagine how much the local cops cared.

I will 2nd this! I would start doing that ASAP and carry on for the next couple weeks doing so. Every pawn shop and music shop in a 20 mile radius of the crime. I helped a buddy recover some things that were stolen out of his truck this way.

Ebidis

Friend of Leo's
Sorry that happened. I’d like to see the thieves hung by their balls, but this is why you should never leave anything anywhere that you can’t afford to lose. $5k worth of equipment at a band room???? Not in this lifetime.

When I played keys I bought an inexpensive 80’s Korg to leave at rehearsal and took my 2nd keyboard with me. Cost me an extra 2 minutes to set up and tear down. I can’t imagine leaving a bass or guitar. If it’s just too much trouble to take them with you, you can get a perfectly adequate Squier bass or guitar for a little over $100 used.
Yeah, well this building is like a vault (or so we thought) in a fenced in compound.

Never imagined someone could go through the wall like that.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Man.... I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you get everything back. Best of luck mate. Keep checking those pawn shops and local music shops, you'd be surprised but I'll betcha that's exactly where the stuff is gonna end up soon.

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Sorry to hear this. A friend of mine had all his gear stolen and a Facebook campaign was started to make it impossible to move, it worked, it was found dumped in the street, maybe worth a try in the area. It alerted all music shops, pawn shops and local musicians.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Oh yeah.... and one other thing, don't just walk into the pawn shop and look around and leave if you don't see anything. Be sure to specifically ask the clerks "Hey... did you guys take in a XYZ?" Cause it could be in the back and they haven't brought it out to the storefront yet, if you see what I mean. Good luck man... hope you get the stuff back.

tubedude

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
5 k in gear ? that is why i play cheap squiers. I hope they will be found somehow.
Unfortunately the cheap "Squier" version of a keyboard has spring keys and has limited control parameters. The training wheels keyboards for evaluating kids interest.