Band or Project?

Band or Project

• Total voters

no doz

Tele-Meister
band if it's got a defined membership, project if the lineup or creative collaborators change frequently

sax4blues

Poster Extraordinaire
Why not do both?
I guess I can if my band is my project. I was talking with a musician today and when I asked about bands he referred to project. The project seemed to have certain participants, working on a set list, and has some shows lined up. So I’m wondering what makes his a project and mine a band?

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
I guess I can if my band is my project. I was talking with a musician today and when I asked about bands he referred to project. The project seemed to have certain participants, working on a set list, and has some shows lined up. So I’m wondering what makes his a project and mine a band?

I was thinking that one kind of project might revolve around a specific set of songs - originals, likely - that have a theme or are somehow related. This kind of project would have a shelf life. Either it takes off and becomes something or everybody kind of gives up on it.

Another kind of project would be a band, but maybe a little more experimental. Maybe a blend of players that are less than obvious or somewhere outside your comfort zone. But a project because figuring out if it works might take a little longer. With most bands, it doesn’t take too long to feel if there’s something there or not.

Just my 2cents

Burlington Dave

Friend of Leo's
First ever gig is tomorrow…
EEA236E3-5560-4129-B0AD-FCEEE6206111.jpeg