Bones

Telefied
Ad Free Member
At the Conowingo Dam in Darlington, MD.
DSC_0804 -1.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
We live in Eagle, Idaho, and we get these once in a while along with a lot of other birds. Mostly ospreys (world's coolest raptor - they can hover and always carry fish with the head facing forward). There's a place down on the river where they come in to nest every year, and photographers flock to it. One time when I lived in Montana, I was fly fishing the Clearwater and casting to a large trout for quite a while - until a bald eagle swooped in and grabbed him. Made me smile.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Very nice as usual! Haven't been to Conowingo since 1967 and 1968 when my Grandfather took me fishing during the Shad run. (this ended in '69 when P
My mother-in-law is house bound and spends most days with this live eagles nest webcam playing on her 60” Tv.

https://www.friendsofbigbearvalley.org/

Hope nobody minds but I linked the live cam. I clicked on it and it looks like a nice set up.

Bones

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'd frame that photo.
I may print this one or something else from the same session, really have to look through a couple hundred photos and see what I got. It wasn't really getting good poses, as it's prefered to have the feet and talons clearly visible, but this guy just would not turn and face us.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
We get them behind our house. It’s hard to get a good picture. Normally flying. Wheeler Wildlife Refuge is directly behind my house. So I have probably at least 50,000 acres of connected wetlands and forest behind me.