Baked potatoes

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I'm having one tonight with the usual butter, cheese, and sour cream (although ranch dressing works just fine, and keeps longer). Plus some Manwich sloppy Joe I made with ground venison. I got tired of sandwiches.

To paraphrase Larry "Bud" Melman, RIP, who was a fixture on Letterman when I was in college:

What's a baked potato with...wait for it....

"YOUR CHOICE OF TOPPINGS?"

Dano-caster

Tele-Holic
Regular baker gets KerryGold butter and a little salt and pepper.Twice baked...Now you're
talking . Asiago cheese, chives,and more KGB.I cannot do sour cream...If I didn't have tamales on the menu I might have done some twice bakers...

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Much like a taco over on that other thread, and everything tasting better in a tortilla, you can't hardly ever go wrong with baked potato toppings.
Personally, I've probably never had the same toppings twice. Always had to have butter though, always Falfurias butter.

stormin1155

Tele-Holic
You're all talking about how to make the inside of the potato taste better. I go one step further to make the SKIN the best part.

1. Generously coat the entire potato with butter (if you're lazy you can use the spray-on Parkay, but it's not as good as real butter)
2. Sprinkle on your favorite spices. I use garlic/pepper and Italian spices
3. Sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Grated is easier, shredded tastes better. The more you can get to stick the better.

I poke a knife or fork in one end to hold and rotate the potato while I'm applying all the goodies. It's kind of a messy process, but worth it.

Bake as you normally would and enjoy with your favorite toppings.

Rustbucket

Poster Extraordinaire
Many excellent choices. My currently ever evolving tastes would steer me towards a nice raita and Indian spicy pickle. Perfect blend of creamy textures mixed with tart & spicy. Any curry makes a nice topping as well.

Harbinger77

Tele-Holic
When I worked at the most expensive hotel in town, guests would frequently ask the rudest question you can ask a man: “How much do you make?”

“Well we charge $13 for a baked potato, so I’m doing just fine.”

I dislike potatoes but our $13 twice baked was a bargain at twice the price.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Damn near anything works on a baked potato. Like I said ALMOST anything. There are some things and combinations of things that just don’t work. At least for me. If you want anchovies, vegamite, and chocolate sauce on your tater please feel free.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I sliced one up last night into 1/4" slices, put them on a tray and baked them .... a sprinkle of salt and a touch of olive oil...

none of your fancy stuff...:lol: