Bajesquire Mod Complete

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by -Hawk-, Jul 21, 2019.

1. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My 60’s Baja has been reinvented a few times. It’s been stock, outfitted with Cavalier pickups, and turned into an EMG 3-knob rock machine. After assembling my 2HB MJT Telemaster I didn’t really need another beefy guitar, so I started looking at ways to mod the Baja.

Reality is I rarely play on the neck pickup, especially live, so I decided on a modded Esquire. Started sourcing parts last week and put it together this weekend.

Started with a full level and crown, as there were a few high spots from the factory.

Kept the bridge, but swapped the saddles to Gotoh In-tunes. Wanted something compensated and something that keeps the strings in place. Grabbed a fake tort guard. Had a Cavalier Nashville Lion that I thought would be a nice pickup, as it’s a little more mid-focused while keep a sweet top end.

Decided on a four-way wiring scheme.

1) Straight to jack
    2) Through volume only
    3) Through volume/tone
    4) Eldred (cocked wah) mod

Had a few spare parts around (knobs, control plate), but not what I needed to do the wiring. Usually do my own wiring, but after pricing it all out, figured I’d save $15 assembling it on my own. Decided to treat myself to a pre-wired harness.

Turned out really nice! Really lively sound that is 100% Tele. The “straight to jack” setting hasn’t impressed me as much as I’d hoped so far, but that was just preconceived bias I think. Position 2 is fantastic and the cocked wah is a great lead sound. Anyway, a few pics.

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nnieman, Stiles, KelvinS1965 and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.