Baja owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by degsycaster, Nov 12, 2008.

1. telechucker

telechucker Tele-Meister

I notice a lot of black pickguards gettin' put on those Bajas ! They look much cooler with a black guard. Regards.

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yes and no.

Looks great at first, but after a while it may simply remind you: This is not a No-Caster. I think I'll find a gold anodized PG for one of mine. But I think the "Terra Cotta" color I did won't make the cut, either.

3. degsycaster

degsycaster Tele-Holic

Boris.

Yet again, you've hit the nail on the head. I went through this process a little while ago myself. You may remember I put a cream guard on mine (I think you commented favourably about it at the time)[​IMG]
    coz I was thinking "this aint a '52RI, I've got to make it look a bit different", but probably because I love the 'black-guard' looks I bought a '52RI guard and a thicker control plate to match it. It's actually my perfect 'black-guard' - '52RI looks, 9.5" radius, chunky neck profile and a sneaky little 'nearly Peter Green tone' hidden away for good measure.

I'm not sure about your "Terra Cotta" guard either, but the gold anodised idea exites me. Think early milk blonde Jazzmaster
    [​IMG]

4. Tsuekasa

Tsuekasa TDPRI Member

I have a question, If i get a Blonde Baja now will it look like your guys teles? sorta like the 52?

Because I saw different blondes baja's where its butterscotch (i want) and the the other which is light blonde with little grain (i dont want)

all of you guys have the right color blonde I was looking for

5. boris bubbanov

The ones I have with no grain showing is called Desert Sand.

I reserve the name "blonde" on Bajas for the yellow blonde.

I concur with your taste. Were all things equal, I'd have gotten most if not all of the yellow blonde ones. But how they sound comes first, how heavy, how inexpensive and so on and I never got lucky on a yellow blonde one.

I'd buy a lilac Telecaster if it sounded and played better than a cool color one.

6. Tsuekasa

Tsuekasa TDPRI Member

I know they have desert sand, but at one point they change the way the blonde looks on the baja. I just wanted to know what they look like now

7. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

I've never seen a blonde Baja other than the usual yellow blonde. IMHO the absolute best Tele for the $.

8. BigUp

BigUp TDPRI Member

I'm in...

I'll put up a pic once the Baja is back from the mod shop, but count me in as another Desert Sand guy. I already did the black-guard swap, and some Glendale bits are being added and the S-1 is saying its farewells as we speak.

Can anyone do me a favor, and talk me OUT of swapping my pickups. I'm a longtime Lindy fan, and a set of Blue Specials are real appealing to me. But these pickups (the Broadcaster & the Twisted Tele, both) are killing as is! There's no arguing with Lindy Fralin's Tele pups, but I really don't need to do it to the Baja, do I? I mean... these are Custom Shop pups!

Someone... please... just tell me to relax! And that there's enough buck in my rodeo as is!

:confused:

Twangks for the help.

9. degsycaster

degsycaster Tele-Holic

If your playing rocky/distorted stuff I'd keep the pickups. That's what I play (well, on stage anyway) and my Bajas pickups are the best at handling a driven tone that I've ever had in a Tele.

10. boris bubbanov

Well, I will say the picture of the Baja above that Degsy has posted looks very different from any trans blonde or shall we say "non-desert-sand" Baja I have ever seen. Maybe it is the light conditions?

11. benadrian

benadrian Tele-Meister

pokett likes this.
  12. degsycaster

degsycaster Tele-Holic

I think it's a perception issue Boris. The cream guard makes the 'blonde' look different + bright day and a camera-phone probably aren't the best lighting conditions for accurate colour replication.

13. ut4ever8

ut4ever8 TDPRI Member

Those of you who checked out my thread and helped me identify this guitar for sure (Thanks again, can't say it enough) know that it took a while for me to be positive about it, but I am now in the Baja club. As long as I can get in with a crappy picture.

Attached Files:

14. degsycaster

degsycaster Tele-Holic

Your picture is fine and dandy, and proof-positive that you're in the club :cool:

15. Tsuekasa

Tsuekasa TDPRI Member

atleast u have a baja :(

16. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

I really liked the wiring diagram, I thoght they all came in the (sand) color but that is a beautiful finish job, was it re-finished?

17. benadrian

benadrian Tele-Meister

I'm glad the diagram helped people here.

Mine was not refinished. It's a 2006 model, and pretty heavy. I belonged to a good friend. He moved to Japan and sold most of his gear. I had to grab it.

More pics.
    http://www.feedbackloop.net/gg/baja/

Ben

18. tonfarbe

tonfarbe Tele-Holic

Here's my former Desert Sand, retrofitted with a Fiesta Red WD Body:
    [​IMG]

CountryPunk70 likes this.
  19. benadrian

benadrian Tele-Meister

daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

20. degsycaster

degsycaster Tele-Holic

tonfarbe, just to say that your' Baja IMO is one of the most memorable pics on the site. It was on my mind when I started the thread. Thanks for posting again :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.