1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bag/case for DIY Pedalboard?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by asatbender, Jul 20, 2016.

1. asatbender

asatbender Tele-Afflicted

I have a homemade pedalboard I carry out once a week to church. I have already looked in antique/thrift stores for a suitcase but no luck. The RoadRunner and the Mono M80 Tour are close but just a bit too small.

Dimensions are 23x15x3.5

I could shave the edges a little, but I rounded them off nicely and would have to stain again. Below is a pic: image (7).jpeg

2. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Perhaps you could put a wanted ad in your local Craigslist musical instrument section? I see all sorts of seemingly arbitrarily sized road cases floating around in my area.

Otherwise perhaps look into a custom crate maker on etsy? I've seen prices as low as $20.

3. poboy

poboy Tele-Meister

Check out the Gator GK-2110 Keyboard Bag - it's about the size you are looking for....

4. Stingfan73

Stingfan73 Tele-Afflicted

I see space for possibly 3-4 more pedals. Too much empty woodgrain. Ahhhh!!!!! What's wrong with you? ;)

5. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

6. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

7. asatbender

An update for those who were following: I resized my board today to 22.25x11.25x3so it would fit in a Gator GK-2110. These are $39.99 and look to be the best bang for buck bag available. I don't gig or tour, but it will make me feel better using this than carrying my board in one hand like a pizza bax every Sunday. Hopefully, there is some room beside the BD-2 for one more drive. I am thinking about a Timmy, POT, or OCD. Thanks for the suggestions.

Attached Files:

8. valvestate

valvestate Tele-Afflicted

Nice board! But you can still more pedals in it if you squeeze them ! :cool:

9. asatbender

Well, I am a little bummed about this. I shaved my board down to 22.25x11.25x3 and ordered the GK 2110. According to multiple sites, the dimensions should be 22.5x11.5x4. I assumed that would leave a quarter inch for both width and length and fit snug in the bag. The dimensions are closer to 21.75x10.75. I can shave more off the board and make it fit. Just stinks I spent last Saturday cutting, sanding, and staining it. I already had the pedals fitted and 3m locked to the board. I will probably just take pedals off and put a towel over it to minimize dust.

10. asatbender

I got it to fit. The bag will work for my uses, but if I gigged more often or put it in with other equipment I would by something more protective.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

I bought a case from Rondo. At one point I was gigging 2 acoustic guitars through a Line 6 Pod X3 Live. It's a pretty solid case, and has held up well.

Should you ever require a heavier duty case...consider it.

asatbender likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.