1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Badcat Unleash

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by RunPickle, Jul 3, 2014.

1. RunPickle

RunPickle TDPRI Member

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Wildly biased stories? Helpful advice? Off topic but humorous anecdotes?

But seriously, I'm looking at this so I can run any amp I buy up to 100w, or attenuate them down to 1w. Can't find all too much good info on the net.

2. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

I have one and use it with a tweed Champ all the way up to a Blonde Bassman. Performs as described. Excellent attenuation...excellent reamping. I love Weber attenuators and still own one, but this is mo better. Lower volumes work very very well with nearly no loss of tone. Of course, you lose the tone of the speaker being pushed, which is a major contributor to tone.
    As a reamp, it is awesome too. I can gig any amp I now own, including the Champ run through a bigger, more robust cab. This Unleash is a game changer. Worth every penny.

3. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's

A guy I know plays a Tele thru a Dr Z Maz 18 with an Unleash in a fairly quiet band (in ears, personal monitors) and he gets a great tone when he uses it to attenuate.

4. RunPickle

RunPickle TDPRI Member

These are exactly what I was hoping to here! I was just weary because I'd heard positive things about it, but no one ever really brings it up at all... And things with good reviews but that no one buys generally worry me. Haha.

5. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That would be the reason to buy one! Does exactly what they say it does.

I sold mine because I don't need it, that's the only reason.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.